The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Cartel market review from a whale of $5,000

Heromofo

I'm guessing it already has--and that's why there are two threads from Bioware asking about what we want/feel about the new packs in the CM Suggestions forums.

You would think it is obvious to anyone lol greed kills and you catch more bees with honey.

500 people buy 2 hyper crates each for 4500

Or

100 buying them for 5600

Plus loyalty to those that sub should give a 25 percent bonus on any cartel coin purchase and buy

But w/e their game to screw up

Edited by Heromofo

You would think it is obvious to anyone lol greed kills and you catch more bees with honey.

500 people buy 2 hyper crates each for 4500

Or

100 buying them for 5600

Plus loyalty to those that sub should give a 25 percent bonus on any cartel coin purchase and buy

But w/e their game to screw up

Best way to show Bioware that this is a big EFFFFFFFFFF up - is to NOT buy these packs. Refuse - Do not purchase them. When they see that this change is causing less $$$ to be spent on Cartel Coins, they'll try and fix it.

New system = Suck

Best way to show Bioware that this is a big EFFFFFFFFFF up - is to NOT buy these packs. Refuse - Do not purchase them. When they see that this change is causing less $$$ to be spent on Cartel Coins, they'll try and fix it.

New system = Suck

Yup i have done my tests as you can see so people can see they are a load of crap.

I'll be honest. I have a tendency to white knight for game companies when people complain. The OP's post however is calm and logical. I have recently bought a surplus of CC's and just can't bring myself to buy a Hypercrate with the changes that have been made to them :(.

Thank you for your post OP, your (LONG) list of suggestions shows you care for the game and your support of it in the past is appreciated. The good news is I think BioWare is listening to our feedback on the changes and hopefully will implement it so it convinces me to spend money on them again in support of the game. :)

I'll be honest. I have a tendency to white knight for game companies when people complain. The OP's post however is calm and logical. I have recently bought a surplus of CC's and just can't bring myself to buy a Hypercrate with the changes that have been made to them :(.

Thank you for your post OP, your (LONG) list of suggestions shows you care for the game and your support of it in the past is appreciated. The good news is I think BioWare is listening to our feedback on the changes and hopefully will implement it so it convinces me to spend money on them again in support of the game. :)

Thank you bud and i care deeply for swtor and will support it till the end.

But i know that unless they settle down on the greed it is doomed. :(

Hello,

I'm a big fan of economy in the online games and played SWTOR for 2 random months, studying its CM economy quite deeply.

I'd like to put some money on the CM but think that packs now are really really overpriced for what they drops.

Not asking a discount just to pay less but to gain more value from my CCs.

I think here the trouble comes with the $\CC rating: packs are random so the $\CC value is quite low and, as I read here, gold packs are not so good improvement.

Here's an example.

I play on The Progenitor now and tried to purchase Shadow Packs and then sell on the GTN: each pack cost 200 CC and gone for a bit more then 300k.

This means that now on that server 1 CC is worth about 1,5k credits, a really low stakes I think.

Why this is bad?

Because I can make much more money selling crystals then CM items and while this is good for free players it is terrible for who pay.

I want to be clear: I like a lot the idea that every player, free or not, can play a game but who pay and gives a lot of money to the developers must have a great advantage because their money pays the game to who can't and play for free.

It is a great feeling when you spend money and get value in return.