Anyone else have a problem with the options and responses to kneel or not kneel

Darth-Mazul

Option 1 kneel: I can kind of see this as a sith scheming to get ahead later but it doesn't play out tlike this.

Option 2 don't kneel: You kill and enslave people is the fing response....your Sith....it's what you do! Marr's response should have been our response. Not, you kill and enslave people you turd....seriously???

Let me preface this by saying I have never posted however, this sh*t is ridiculous. It seems to have been written for light side only. I am a pretty disgusted.

Option 1 kneel: I can kind of see this as a sith scheming to get ahead later but it doesn't play out tlike this.

Option 2 don't kneel: You kill and enslave people is the fing response....your Sith....it's what you do! Marr's response should have been our response. Not, you kill and enslave people you turd....seriously???

Let me preface this by saying I have never posted however, this sh*t is ridiculous. It seems to have been written for light side only. I am a pretty disgusted.

If you are on your sith, The Light Side choice is Stand, and Kneel is the Darkside Choice. If you buck the system the dialog gets wonky.

The thing is Darth Marr, and Lana are Darkside light Good Guys. They use passion for the greater good. Marr made a Light Side choice.

Everyone seems to want to pain the sith with a broad stroke. Sure some are psychopaths, but the majority aren't. They merely embrace the dark side over the light, and as we've learned from the still canon CW series both must exist. Lets also not forget it was the jedi who murdered many sith at the onset of the rift between the two simply because they didn't like how they used the dark side, rather than the light. The side who started the killing first was the jedi, not sith. They just bit off more than they can chew.

If you are on your sith, The Light Side choice is Stand, and Kneel is the Darkside Choice. If you buck the system the dialog gets wonky.

Agreed, I think the "correct" choice for a believing dark side Sith is to kneel. That's how you advance as a Sith (from nobody to Acolyte to Apprentice to Lord to Darth), you recognise the greater power of your master and learn from them until you're ready to seize their position. Valkorion has shown you how much stronger he is, and for an orthodox Sith, nothing but power matters. Power justifies itself. Of course you're not going to tell him up front that you're planning to betray him later, but both of you know it.

Everyone seems to want to pain the sith with a broad stroke. Sure some are psychopaths, but the majority aren't.

Where is this majority? From what I've seen, the homicidal maniac Sith heavily outnumber any other kind.

At least with a male human Inquisitor, the "Share? You don't share anything" comes off as a very derisive "You're lying and I'm not falling for that."

My bigger problem would be as an orthodox Light Jedi because of what happens next.

If you are a saber character, you run him through from behind with serious venom, then strut with a scowl as he dies. Dark Jedi at best, but felt just fine as Sith with the red saber glow.

Especially jarring since the Knight previously took a huge Dark hit if this is what they did to him in their class story.

Where is this majority? From what I've seen, the homicidal maniac Sith heavily outnumber any other kind.

This is why my SI who is my DS main, can't max out DS points, she is practical, anti-slavery, and doesn't kill for the 'lolz'. She has earned plenty of LS points just by not killing the weak. Granted she wont make the added effort either.

Think about Lana, she is as Darkside as they get, but she is a Hero of the greater good. Half the times I forget she has the 'Sith Eyes' because her choices are in directions that help others.

I look at it like this, Anakin fell to the Darkside when he killed the Sand People, or if Lucas was a better writer he would have. He was still a nice guy and a Hero of the Republic, he didn't become a douche until He knelt, granted because of the poor writing it all seemed to fast and didn't make sense the way it should have.

Basically you can be Darkside and a Hero in this game. But yah, 'the mass killing, kill for the lolz' sith is still the majority, both NPCs and PCs. I tend to play smarter characters who don't just willy nilly pick an option because of the color.

That said, being a Dark side, defeated powerful historic (spoilers) to gain their power, my SI sees the Emporer as a stepping stone for her final ascension as Dark Lord of the Galaxy. She want to rule it all, to end slavery, and gain respect for her people. (She's a caitian with dreadlocks)

She really takes the Sith Code to heart.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. - Peace only happens when you are dead, life is about passion and love.

Through passion, I gain strength. - My love for my people, my passion for my lover, these make me stronger

Through strength, I gain power. - As I gain strength, I connect better with the force, making me a powerful being

Through power, I gain victory. - Using the Power of the force, no one, nothing can stand against me

Through victory, my chains are broken. - Out of Slavery I have amassed the power to become a leader of the Sith, Not only am I free But now I make the rules.

The Force shall free me. - My freedom is thanks to my power in the force, I shall use this power to free my people from all oppression in the Galaxy.

Yah, if the NPC has Slaver in the description at all, she kills them without hesitation.

I wonder if we kneel and use his power at every chance we get, always taking choices that he approves of..that after the final chapter when ever they release it that we get a title "Eternal Emperor" or even him as a companion.

I wonder if we kneel and use his power at every chance we get, always taking choices that he approves of..that after the final chapter when ever they release it that we get a title "Eternal Emperor" or even him as a companion.

What you might get is taken over.

What you might get is taken over.

I doubt it. If the player character was taken over, future and past content conversations would make no sense. There is probably some sort of battle for your soul later that happens and succeeds regardless but has greater ramifications if you give Valkorion more power.

Everyone seems to want to pain the sith with a broad stroke. Sure some are psychopaths, but the majority aren't. They merely embrace the dark side over the light, and as we've learned from the still canon CW series both must exist. Lets also not forget it was the jedi who murdered many sith at the onset of the rift between the two simply because they didn't like how they used the dark side, rather than the light. The side who started the killing first was the jedi, not sith. They just bit off more than they can chew.

I never read this anywhere. Where is the info on this that the Jedi attacked first?

I could believe the Jedi made a strong attack after a first attack, but a first attack at all, not so much. Any link to this?

After their defeat during the earliest Jedi Civil Wars, called the Great Schisms, the adherents of the dark side fled from Republic space and settled on the world of Korriban, where they ruled over the barbaric, red-skinned Sith species like gods

from wookipedia - under Hyperspace war.

additionally see the in-game codex from KOTOR on the Hyperspace war. It's on youtube somewhere.

Although, the question of "who shot first" might not ever be resolved - because <also on wookiepedia under the First great schism:

<<For many years, it was believed that the First Great Schism was the event that resulted in the formation of the Sith Order, with Naga Sadow's entry in The New Essential Guide to Characters somewhat confirming that, saying that Sadow was the first Sith Lord in 20,000 years to reestablish contact with the Republic. However, Lucasfilm had intended the Hundred-Year Darkness as the event which lead to the establishment of the Sith Order, and was retconned as such in The New Essential Chronology. Dan Wallace, who worked on both projects, has since stated that the Naga Sadow entry was an error

Edited by Shayddow

After their defeat during the earliest Jedi Civil Wars, called the Great Schisms, the adherents of the dark side fled from Republic space and settled on the world of Korriban, where they ruled over the barbaric, red-skinned Sith species like gods

If you're referring to the aftermath of the Hundred-Years Darkness, Ajunta Pall & Co totally had it coming.

Jedi's biggest mistake was failing to stop Chancellor Pultimo from ordering a genocidal bombardment of Korriban and other Sith worlds at the end of Great Hyperspace War.