The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP Advanced Prototype PT Acc/Crit Min/Max Questions

Wraidd

I'm gearing my AP PT for pvp, and Noticing alot of accuracy (108.5%+)...I'm doing Power augments...so should I switch a couple accuracy Enhancements to crit?...i heard you get armor pen past 100% accuracy, but is it worth giving up some of that for crit/multiplier due to Railshot, bleed, and armor sunder giving me so much armor pen anyways?....all advice is appreciated...wondering what % accuracy and crit should be around in full exemplar for as much dps as possible...thanks in advance

I'm gearing my AP PT for pvp, and Noticing alot of accuracy (108.5%+)...I'm doing Power augments...so should I switch a couple accuracy Enhancements to crit?...i heard you get armor pen past 100% accuracy, but is it worth giving up some of that for crit/multiplier due to Railshot, bleed, and armor sunder giving me so much armor pen anyways?....all advice is appreciated...wondering what % accuracy and crit should be around in full exemplar for as much dps as possible...thanks in advance

I did not see your post earlier. For PvP accuracy only impacts rail shot and basic attack. All other attacks are not impacted by accuracy in PvP. Yellow atks will always hit unless the target has yellow atk resistance DCD active, like shadows resilience. Armor penetration is not related to accuracy. It is just an indicator of how less effective armor damage reduction is against your attacks.

You should not have any accuracy. I do not know what are the break points for the reduced gain on critics in 4.0, but from my understanding is that you should not hit that wall in 4.0 even if every equipment piece has critic.

For augments, I am not 100%, but power augs (overkill) should be ideal, followed by mastery then critic is last.

Edited by Ottoattack

I heard anything but tertiary stats (acc/crit/alac) results in a DPS loss. I haven't been able to extensively test it myself but I'm pretty sure you don't want Power Augs. I could be wrong, so if someone can confirm or refute, that'd be nice.

Yes, tertiary stats for higher DPS but full power augments for maximum burst. Your choice. However since pt is all about big burst I prefer full power.

Yea, I dumped all acc enh for crit and went full power. I'm going by the other thread that mixing a couple of crit augs in with power actually reduces damage.

Before each match I look at other's gear and a lot of people run mast/end or end/crit augs. At the end of the match when I look at the stats, my overall damage may not be top but it's up there. My biggest hits avg 18k - 25k. Compared to other PT without power augs, I usually have the biggest hits, but not necessarily more overall damage. I'm ok with that.

Keep in mind this is in PUGS and there a lot of other factors in getting these numbers.

Why not full mastery instead of power augments, since mastery increases crit as well? Does power scale much more than mastery? Sorry not familiar with the math behind mastery vs power.

I did not do the math, but people who did noted that power is more effective. You can go to sin forums, it was there somewhere. In PvP forums as well.

Fyi, that was always the case with the exception for classes that had main stats bonus, which is removed in 3.0.

The difference between mastery augments and power augments is 2 bonus damage and .11 crit. So if times these values based on number of augments you get 28 additional bonus damage with power augs vs. 1.54% crit with master augs. Yes your bonus damage will be higher with power augs but the additional crit you get with mastery for me is more appealing.