Hunger of the Vrblthers severely bugged

ThePocketFox

The Nar Shaddaa heroic mission "Hunger of the Vrblthers" is currently bugged and almost unable to be completed. The first task is to loot various items from the vrblthers in the area, but looting them doesn't give credit for the quest. But since they're mission items, they can't be dropped to try again. I've tried resetting the mission three times without success.

http://i.imgur.com/dpTQKcE.jpg

In the screenshot I linked, you can see I have the Primary Coupling in my inventory, but the mission log still says I need to loot it from Alpha Vrblthers. Trying to loot it again just results in a "unique item limit reached" error. This also happened with the Battery Pack on my first attempt at the mission.

I was finally able to complete the mission on my fourth try by killing mobs individually and looting the items as soon as I saw the yellow marker, before combat was even over. I don't know if that was the trick or if the mission just suddenly decided to work.

Edited by ThePocketFox

There are a couple of heroics like this, there is one on Makeb that was causing me a similar issue - item was dropping, I'd loot it and the mission wasn't updating.

The solution is to switch "area looting" off for these missions. It means individual looting, but it will work (ran this very heroic twice yesterday using this method and it just worked)

It is a bug, it does need fixing, but hopefully this enables people to get around it.

The problem isn't the mission specifically. It's the way loot is being registered on ANY mission with a single "mission item" drop. I had this happen to my Agent during a class mission quest. Had to reset the mission and start over.

What is happening is that the items are being looted "too early" for the mission to register they are picked up (UGH!). If you wait for the creature to properly die and the loot "light beam" to appear, you should not have this issue.

If you reset the mission, you should be able to finish it by being patient and looting the item a few seconds after the "light beam" appears. It's a workaround that should help you get through it for now at least.

Hopefully this is fixed soon, but it isn't specific to any quest. It's something far more widespread in the game.

-327-

Yup, bugged and cannot complete. I've reset multiple times and attempted to loot the items in a different order (with individual looting). The last item always bugs out and tells me I've reached the unique item limit. Doesn't matter the order I do them in. Edited by Floobieman

There are a couple of heroics like this, there is one on Makeb that was causing me a similar issue - item was dropping, I'd loot it and the mission wasn't updating.

The solution is to switch "area looting" off for these missions. It means individual looting, but it will work (ran this very heroic twice yesterday using this method and it just worked)

It is a bug, it does need fixing, but hopefully this enables people to get around it.

This works. I had this same thing happen on this quest, and recently a story mission on my IA. Both times, do this works. It sucks...but, it's a work around.

OK I was able to complete. This is what i did. Exit and abandon. This will remove the mission items. Then turn off area and single loot. Then go in and loot one item at a time. I was able to progress. The issue is either related to items being stuck in your mission inventory or the area loot; or a combination of the two.

• 2 weeks later...

I reset this mission seven times trying to get through this bug. This workaround allowed me to finally complete the mission.

Turn both Area Loot and Auto Loot off in preference before starting the mission, just Area Loot cures it for most, and this works for a lot of the missions where SWTOR cannot seem to count to 1.

There is additionally another bug with some missions where if you companion or the environment gets the kill, you do not get credit or the item you need is not 'dropped'.

Still bugged - tried individually looting, tried looting the crate last tried resetting FIVE times. Looks like an old bug that they don't care to fix. I'd just abandon it but it is the last one I need for the Galactic Hero title. Please give more of a crap about your game and fix 3 year old bugs. Thanks