KOTFE Lana Romance

charlieboyjh

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, to summarise our collective experience so far, more than a little spoilerish, so look in the box:

• If you do what's below correctly, there is a confusion as to whether the options mean a) just plain talking to one versus flirting with Theron first OR b) plain talk versus flirting with the chosen one.
  • If you kneel to Valky at the beginning, you won't be able to launch the full Lana romance at this point (and the others?)
  • If you let the reactor blow up without doing anything, so that loads of people are killed, Koth walks out before you can choose.
  • Koth makes a smart remark and Senya fakes walking off in a huff (there's a sly smile on the cinematic, so I think it's fake).
  • Speculation. It may be that if you just talk to someone (no-flirt option), you can go after Senya and flirt with her outside your ship. If anyone has tried this, please let us know. (I might look in on my poor insta-60 sorc for whom I flubbed the Lana thing.)

If you go to the Contacts/Alliance screen, under Lana, it will say: You have initiated a romance with Lana.

Which leads to the caveat that if you want to know if you have initiated a romance with *someone* (but aren't so interested in which one you chose), (a) you're weird and/or forgetful, and (b) you have to check all the candidates. There's no "globally" visible text (e.g. in the 'C' panel) that tells you who your romance target is.

So, to summarise our collective experience so far, more than a little spoilerish, so look in the box:

• If you do what's below correctly, there is a confusion as to whether the options mean a) just plain talking to one versus flirting with Theron first OR b) plain talk versus flirting with the chosen one.
  • If you kneel to Valky at the beginning, you won't be able to launch the full Lana romance at this point (and the others?)
  • If you let the reactor blow up without doing anything, so that loads of people are killed, Koth walks out before you can choose.
  • Koth makes a smart remark and Senya fakes walking off in a huff (there's a sly smile on the cinematic, so I think it's fake).
  • Speculation. It may be that if you just talk to someone (no-flirt option), you can go after Senya and flirt with her outside your ship. If anyone has tried this, please let us know. (I might look in on my poor insta-60 sorc for whom I flubbed the Lana thing.)

Speculation shot down. :( My SI didn't flirt with anyone at the cantina, and there were no flirts available for Senya. That conversation seems to play out the same regardless of choices made earlier in the storyline. I've taken through romanced vs. nonromanced characters, characters who used Valkorion's power vs. characters who didn't, and characters who chose Koth to deal with the Heralds vs. characters who chose Senya (something that the characters remember according to the Interactions list.) Cutscene and options were the same for all of the above.

Also, the check under the Interactions list that states you are in a romance with that character only appears for the KotFE companions. It doesn't appear for the completed romances of characters pre-KotFE, and it doesn't appear for unavailable companions who were romanced prior. That kind of makes me hopeful that there will be future lock-in points for romances, since we know previous love interests will be returning, and they don't have the romance checkpoint while they're Unavailable.

I flirted ALOT With Lana in the PRE KotFE stories, ALOT and got the romance option ( for the most part) already then, so to me the "need" to do any romace thing in KotFE regarding Lana isn't relly there, the romance is still active and With some non romantic dialogue options at times the dialogue gets so much more fun.

For the people saying they got no option to flirt at all in the cantina, i cant remember what thread i read it in (i just woke up) but somewhere i read that the general theme seems to be emerging is, that if you use Valkorians power, she dissaproves, and it nixes the romance. If this is true, its a hilarious point of proof that you really do need to "think before you act", because "choices really do matter!"

(Hilarious because if it is true, there will be a lot if tantrums from people mad they dont "get any" for being evil :p)

Think of it from her point, you already let the"Big Bad" take you over, when -else- might he be in control? She doesnt want sexytimes interupted by Valky :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

For the people saying they got no option to flirt at all in the cantina, i cant remember what thread i read it in (i just woke up) but somewhere i read that the general theme seems to be emerging is, that if you use Valkorians power, she dissaproves, and it nixes the romance. If this is true, its a hilarious point of proof that you really do need to "think before you act", because "choices really do matter!"

(Hilarious because if it is true, there will be a lot if tantrums from people mad they dont "get any" for being evil :p)

Think of it from her point, you already let the"Big Bad" take you over, when -else- might he be in control? She doesnt want sexytimes interupted by Valky :p

I think it was said somwhere in the information about Kotfe that choises would matter, so you be right

I saw a part of a playthrough though where the person used valko's powers at the end and still managed to get in a relation with lana. Maybe you just have to have x amount of approve with her and a max of x amount dissaprove for the flirts to work.

I know that if you say yes to Valky twice (in this case, kneeled and used it to save Lana), he'll force you to use his power in the final battle in you try to refuse. Similarly, if you use the power more than once, it may kill the romance with Lana. The last 4 I put trough Kotfe got the romance with Lana, but no option for Koth :p neither used Valkorion's power once

Oh. Eff. My insta-60 sorc dude (my freebie insta-60) used V's power every time it was offered (so didn't get skewered - you get the "can I have your stuff" line anyway), so it wouldn't have mattered if I had managed to pick the right option when looking at Theron. I was going to say that he was screwed whichever way I went, but of course in fact the problem for him is that he *wasn't* screwed, if you get my drift.

I just did a playthrough with my Sith Warrior who every chance she got she accepted Valkorian's aid and ended up being able to flirt and start a relationship with Lana.

I did never get a single "dissaprove" from her though during the playthrough and picked every flirt possible with her. I'm not sure if this helped or not, but in case it could influence things I gave her companian gifts until she was companion rank 12.

Also, her and Lana did also have that "my love" moment at the end of the revan expansion, I'm guessing that shouldn't matter much but who knows.

Also Koth hates me, but that said my sith practicly said she was gonna kill him some day several times.

My knight used valkys power to "save" lana in the swamp but refused the other times to use his power and got the flirt option in chapter 9.

These romances really need sorting out as it's locking me out of so much of the game, I do not want to restart my characters again just because a romance does not work as intended. :(

My knight used valkys power to "save" lana in the swamp but refused the other times to use his power and got the flirt option in chapter 9.

These romances really need sorting out as it's locking me out of so much of the game, I do not want to restart my characters again just because a romance does not work as intended. :(

That depends on who is doing the intending. It undoubtedly is working exactly as Bioware/EA intended. Hmm. Scratch that "undoubtedly", and replace it by "probably". But clearly it isn't working as *you* intended... (Nor me, for that matter.)

Well with the other bugged romances in KoTFE its hard to tell what is intended and what is actually a bug, I may have to wait until Bioware say all romancees are fixed and suck it an see on a character to test whether its intended to lock out Lana's romance by using Valky's power.

My Sorc used it basically every single last time aside from the Scion fight, still got the option. Maybe Shadow of Revan etc DO play a role afterall, I'm not sure.

I'm sure that moment on Odessen is not the only way to romance Lana :p

Actually, I just did this scene, and it is a critical turning point. If I had been working on Lana all this time, and then missed it because of how badly this question is worded, I would be pissed! I am so glad I looked it up first!

I recently subscribed, and quit playing WoW as much, thinking of changing over, but there are SO MANY bugs like this, that can mess the whole game up, and no way to reverse it.

I have so many open tickets, and they never respond!

I see no difference from being Free to Play. What am I paying for? It's not the support.

I am glad I looked this one up first, and it saved me before making the wrong choice.

The way the question is worded is crazy, and I feel sorry for those that made the wrong choice.

He says it, so you think, it could mean him, but it doesn't. Be careful! you should answer [flirt] for either one!

They need to have a better way to help customers when things go horribly wrong.

I like the storyline, and that is one of the nice areas, where it beats WoW (and it's Star Wars!), but if they mess it up so bad, and ruin people's entire story line because of things like this, they are going to lose people out of pure anger.

I am still on the fence, and just getting used to googling every single questionable conversation.

At least in the previous expansions, you could press escape and back out if things went horribly wrong!

They also need to fix follower appearance armor, the AFK problems, when you are actively clicking on options and it logs you out for being AFK, and all of the graphics errors in the cutscenes, where it shows you wearing the wrong armor! (in the end of this scene, suddenly I was wearing a helmet!. Most of the time, it screws up my head slot!)

The last 2 are old bugs from RotHC, and still aren't fixed! (even with the new appearance tabs)

WoW is losing a lot of subs, and I think SWtoR is gaining a lot, but if they want to be serious, they are going to have to step it up!

My Sorc used it basically every single last time aside from the Scion fight, still got the option. Maybe Shadow of Revan etc DO play a role afterall, I'm not sure.

Well i am levelling a female sorc who's only romance will be lana, I'm on belsavis but don't know if I should risk the new content or not as it's too far in the game to want to level her all over again.

But so far my own experiences have had no romance issues, my guardian got a mail from kira even if I don't remember if I told valky or not but then successfully started a romance with lana after using valkys power once and my consulars nadia romance was also recognised.

I had the same problem and I don't want to have to start over from 1-65 just to make that one choice right.

It may seem stupid but the relationship between Lana and my main character (Sith Inquisitor) was the only reason I kept playing.

I emailed Bioware about this and asked them to either make the option to restart that one chapter before we keep playing the expansion or somehow lock in the romance in the upcoming chapters.

I also tweeted Bioware's official twitter and the twitter account they have for Old Republic.

The relationship with characters is everything to me in Bioware games.

But so far my own experiences have had no romance issues, my guardian got a mail from kira even if I don't remember if I told valky or not but then successfully started a romance with lana after using valkys power once and my consulars nadia romance was also recognised.

My trooper got the mail from Aric AND the mail from Theron. (Yes, alright, she's like that. Now shutupabouthatthankyou.) And walked on the wild side with Lana. But I tried the story first on my freebie insta-60, and messed up the Lana conversation with him. Bah.