Bioware stop messing around, and do the following:

lavatsunami

For 2) It's not about validity, it's about logic. Giving someone a rating (i.e. evaluating performance) based on being put with 3 random strangers who could be absolutely terrible, in an environment that absolutely demands coordination and communication, makes zero sense. It is a completely invalid form of evaluation of a person's skill and contribution. For instance, in WOW, if you do 2s or 3s with a new person or persons, you almost always make sure you have voice chat (if you care about rating that is). If you don't care about rating, then yeh, yolo it, but people do solo ranked for rating and it's a terrible way to assess someone's pvp skill.

As I said, that's why objective matches are better for solo. Individual performances are much more important and a single good play can turn the tide of an otherwise close match. Sure, one good player isn't going to be able save a team of mediocre ones but six or seven good players (or even average ones) can absolutely make up for the shortcomings of one or two bads.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, that's why objective matches are better for solo. Individual performances are much more important and a single good play can turn the tide of an otherwise close match. Sure, one good player isn't going to be able save a team of mediocre ones but six or seven good players (or even average ones) can absolutely make up for the shortcomings of one or two bads.

I agree, and the reason I say it should be removed is because people ask for balance changes around it, which makes even less sense. Balance should be done around group ranked, regs, and pve. Throwing solo ranked into the balancing mess is illogical.

You realize TRE is an EU server, right? Harb would have 250 ping for him.

I wasn't actually suggesting he go to harb. My point was that there are servers with a thriving pvp community. If there isn't one in the EU, that bites. Maybe you guys should try and consolidate like we did.

I wasn't actually suggesting he go to harb. My point was that there are servers with a thriving pvp community. If there isn't one in the EU, that bites. Maybe you guys should try and consolidate like we did.

Everyone having to move to one server because PvP is dead hardly leads to a thriving community. As a side note, I play on Harb, so I don't think I'll help the EU servers consolidate.

Everyone having to move to one server because PvP is dead hardly leads to a thriving community. As a side note, I play on Harb, so I don't think I'll help the EU servers consolidate.

Pvp isn't dead. You're just one of "those". And the consolidating was a general statement, not directed specifically at you.

Edited by lavatsunami

Pvp isn't dead. You're just one of "those". And the consolidating was a general statement, not directed specifically at you.

Oh, is your definition of dead different than everyone else's? I hardly think 1 server with an active PvP population and handful of servers with good queue times at peak hours is a lively scene.

Is it the developer focus on updating PvP and creating new content that makes it alive? Is it the active community of 12 people on the forums?

Yep, PvP is alive and kicking in this game. Not sure how I didn't see it before.

Oh, is your definition of dead different than everyone else's? I hardly think 1 server with an active PvP population and handful of servers with good queue times at peak hours is a lively scene.

Is it the developer focus on updating PvP and creating new content that makes it alive? Is it the active community of 12 people on the forums?

Yep, PvP is alive and kicking in this game. Not sure how I didn't see it before.

If I can jump on a game and get good queues at any time of the day, then pvp is not dead. Idgaf about ranked, so if you're referring to that, that's a different story.

1) Ability to queue with people of the opposite faction. Yes I know what it means. Do you?

3) There have been a million threads already about this. Most people don't like it. I don't like it. This is a forum where people share their opinions. Does that bother you? Go away then?

There have been a million threads about people wanting to have arena removed from regs and yolols to be removed but that's because the people who don't enjoy them are the only ones posting. I enjoy arenas in regs, and I enjoy solo ranked (although I think that g ranked should at least get better rewards since it is the best measure of skill).

There have been a million threads about people wanting to have arena removed from regs and yolols to be removed but that's because the people who don't enjoy them are the only ones posting. I enjoy arenas in regs, and I enjoy solo ranked (although I think that g ranked should at least get better rewards since it is the best measure of skill).

Solo Ranked is so bad... If you are trying to play the "bad" classes (Mara, Sniper, Merc) you always are a liability to your group. But Team Ranked NEVER pops, so you can't play with a team 100% of the time that is built around your "bad" class. Because, in the right team setup, Mercs, Maras, and Snipers all work really well. If you have peels for the Merc or Sniper, they can completely wreck house! If a Marauder gets a Guard + Pocket Healing, you can decimate people. But, since nobody plays Team Ranked, it's pointless to play those classes in Ranked.

If Solo Ranked was Removed, then people would want to then play Team Ranked to get their Ranked Comms and get the rewards, and it would encourage teamplay on a higher level.