The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Old Conversation UI

DrowNoble

I'd pay 2000 coins to get the old conversation UI back. When I tried to play today I thought I was bugged somehow and kept escaping out checking my settings. Who thought this was a good idea to fix something that wasn't broken?

it was broken, from the 8 classes * 2 genders * 50 companions/allicance options * 5-6 choices per conversation thats a boat load of VA that needs to be done for very little value.

voice what is important (the story) leave the fluff alone as it isn't necessary. since eventually just going to space bar it anyway (who here actually does all the cut scenes anymore outside the first 10 times).

fully acted dailies after the first day became a spacebar race to get to the actual dialogue that gave the affection points and the quest. I realized, others have realized it, bioware realized it...apparently others didn't.

Im just glad its not pop-up boxes with ambient voice dialog like rishi/yavin...

people run dailies skip voiced dialogue, they remove the cut scenes people complained (although were voiced) so they take out the expensive part (voice) and added in the long part (cut scene) people complained.

so next patch they will put in fully voiced, fully animated cut scenes, which people will skip after 2nd or 3rd time...and they say women don't play games! :D