lvl 61-65 mod comm vendors

Ed-Ykic

Why are there no mod comm vendors for lvl's 61-65? How are we to upgrade the adaptive armor sets that we have or will get from loot drops and cartel market?

Why would you need to upgrade going from 60-65? I was able to do it in under 2 hrs with 178 Rishi drops.

Why would you need to upgrade going from 60-65? I was able to do it in under 2 hrs with 178 Rishi drops.

Yea so did everyone else, the point is we paid rl money for some of these adaptive sets and we cant continue to upgrade them like we have in the past to match the loot drop armor.

I know that. That's what I said.

And I asked about lvl 61-65 so adaptive sets can be the same as loot drops. Why would I want to take a new adaptive armor set and at lvl 65 make it a lvl60 stat item when loot drops have better stats. it is a slap in the face to those who spent money to get sets they wanted.

And I asked about lvl 61-65 so adaptive sets can be the same as loot drops. Why would I want to take a new adaptive armor set and at lvl 65 make it a lvl60 stat item when loot drops have better stats. it is a slap in the face to those who spent money to get sets they wanted.

When 186 was the Basic (now Common) gear level, you could not just buy 186 mods from a vendor. When it was 162, same. Not being able to buy 208 mods with Common Crystals is entirely consistent with the way the game has been working for many, many months.

There's always outfitter. I've seen some mod vendors, but most of their mods are the same stats as lvl 60 anyway. So I gave up and just through my outfit into outfitter and equipped the new gear.

Yea so did everyone else, the point is we paid rl money for some of these adaptive sets and we cant continue to upgrade them like we have in the past to match the loot drop armor.

Outfitter negates everything you just said here. You like the look of your set? Drop it in a slot then adjust your gear you are "wearing" as needed without losing the look.

I mean seriously?

if you're worried about that then just tear the mods out of gear you can buy off crystal vendors or the gear you get from hardmodes.

Edited by ChrispyBass

I still fail to see your point.

Under SOR, max level was 60, armor sets were Lv60/186, and comm mods were Lv55/172.

Now the max level is 65, armor sets are Lv65/208, and comm mods are Lv60/190.

Everything increased in proportion to what they were before, so nothing has changed. Am I wrong?

I still fail to see your point.

Under SOR, max level was 60, armor sets were Lv60/186, and comm mods were Lv55/172.

Now the max level is 65, armor sets are Lv65/208, and comm mods are Lv60/190.

Everything increased in proportion to what they were before, so nothing has changed. Am I wrong?

I fail to see yours

Just because something was badly done before does not make it good now. It was bad before its bad now

OP I agree with you, cartel armour is getting less attractive by the day. New companions cannot use it, old ones can but only as cosmetic gear not adaptable gear. If you use it on your own character its substandard unless you pay an awful F lot to rip gear out of gear you have brought with crystals so in affect paying twice. Using the outfit designer also costs.

So only real question is are they even worth having considering all the crap that needs to be done to use it?

That's something everyone needs to answer for themselves because this will differ from player to player. For me it's no longer worth buying new ones as I have 47% already which is now going to see little use. I am sure others will want it for its cosmetic value even if it's not worth adapting it.

Nothing wrong in that after all its there cash to do with what they want.

• 3 months later...

it's not the difficulty of KOTFE it's the annoying fact that people can't simply buy lvl 65 Mods because before we were able to buy lvl 60 mods which was the lvl cap but now the lvl cap is 65 meaning that there should be a vendor for the lvl 65 mods just like there was for the lvl 60 mods in the Shadow Of Revan DLC but no Ea And Bioware don't seem to want to do that at all

Outfitter negates everything you just said here. You like the look of your set? Drop it in a slot then adjust your gear you are "wearing" as needed without losing the look.

I mean seriously?

What About My new weapon that I bought? I'm not aloud to use it now cause there are no mods vendors mind you the weapon is an adaptive weapon but I can't flipping use it cause there is no vendor for lvl 65 mods and no I'm not going to spend hours to get mods for my weapons that may or may not be good just so that i can do consistent damage

Not that I agree or love this system, but like most end game scenarios- you grind. You can get to a strong mix of 216/220 by grinding heroic dailies from Obsedian, because every even number two levels you raise the four main NPCs that are your Alliance leaders, you get a decent drop of Radiant/Glowing & Common plus those you got from the heroics.

I was able to go from all 190s to 220/216. Im wrapping up grinding CC to buy mods for my mainhand saber and I'll be done. Also, the one thing I do is there are few of the dailies that take FOREVER so I immediately delete those. I dont do anything on Makeb, because those take forever. So once you get a routine going, you can bang them out quickly each night.

You can buy 208, 216, 220 items with comms/data crystals and then pull the mods from them and put them into your favourite bought adaptive set. Costs 15k per 216 mod you pull can't remember the others. A lot of people do this with legacy gear. Easy.

Frankly, if you're still switching mods in and out of your adaptive armor because you like the look of the armor, you're doing it wrong.

Yup, ideally, you toss the gear into BoL orange gear, so you can move it around if you need to, and then use outfitter to get the look you want

Why are there no mod comm vendors for lvl's 61-65? How are we to upgrade the adaptive armor sets that we have or will get from loot drops and cartel market?

There are, they are on the fleet in the inner circle of the supplies section, they sell 208, 216, and 220 gear.

You can use the gear as it comes, or rip out the armor, mods, and enhancements and drop them into your favorite gear as you please.

Now, if what you're really ************ about is the COST of that gear, well that isn't new. End game(ish) armor needs to be expensive, if 208 (or even 200) armor/mods/enhancements were 2 or 4 green crystals each, then you wouldn't have to do anything to get them, now would you?

• 2 months later...
There are, they are on the fleet in the inner circle of the supplies section, they sell 208, 216, and 220 gear.

You can use the gear as it comes, or rip out the armor, mods, and enhancements and drop them into your favorite gear as you please.

Gear, yes, weapons, no. The gear is locked to the type of piece that it comes on to prohibit using the mods for other gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.