The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Video Proof that Companions are Too powerful! KOTFE

DaForceiswithme

Video Link is below. This is Chapter 3 of KOTFE and is probably the 2nd real boss fight i encountered. No spoilers please I have cut most of the story sequences from this clip. This is what we are going to ask new and returning players to put up with. Think of how crappy they may feel when they find out its this easy.

Here you will see rank 1 Lana take on 2 elites by herself. Furthermore, She finished the battle unharmed and with 95-100 percent HP. Unfortunately i was not so lucky. You will see all my presence unlocks which is not even half of the legacy unlocks, and proof that she is only rank 1 influence so no bonuses there.

It kind of makes me ask why they bothered with me when she can do all this by herself. This isn't about the companions being on par with you but its about them being better than even you at fighting these things. Also 2 man heroics should be done by two people that is why they are called 2 man heroics.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing would make you happier than an absolute nerf to all companions.

QUIT WHINING

If it's too easy, equip a lower level weapon, older armor, or level on higher level mobs. All would afford you more of a challenge.

Forget more of a challenge. Lets start with a little challenge. She tanked everything and barley took any damage. How can you say i should take my armor off? They didn't even attack me so that didn't come into play.

What does changing my weapon do? oh right absolutely nothing.

I think they finally balanced companions, before companions like Treek had 10x the amount of health at level 1 then my character did. Now Treek properly scales with my level and gear at level one. As we level so do our companions also become stronger, and more useful.

Before 4.0 tanking and healing stances on companions were really underwhelming, even decently geared for example Treek in tank gear would die way to easily with out my sage using the discipline tree for heals. So now they actually tank and heal well at higher levels. Put Lana on DPS and don't heal her and she would die pretty easy in that fight.

Try having your companion in DPS and if you are a healer or tank ignore taunts and heals to them and see how "overpowered" they are.

Companions could do that before well geared. Next? Oh btw, It is not getting nerfed.

that's not true Before the update i had Kehm in end game quality gear and he could barely stand his own against 1 elite. This would of killed him within 20 seconds.

The easy mode will end sooner or later... with or without me.

Forget more of a challenge. Lets start with a little challenge. She tanked everything and barley took any damage. How can you say i should take my armor off? They didn't even attack me so that didn't come into play.

What does changing my weapon do? oh right absolutely nothing.

Whatever. Nerf the hell out of the companions, let the noobs die endlessly and rage quit. See how long SWTOR survives.

smh

Whatever. Nerf the hell out of the companions, let the noobs die endlessly and rage quit. See how long SWTOR survives.

smh

First of all thanks for admitting i am right.

secondly your argument for saying that people will only play because companions are OP is very tiresome and is getting old quickly. People will play for the awesome story content. Not because their companions are OP. If they love the story either way they will stick with whatever they are having issues with.

that's not true Before the update i had Kehm in end game quality gear and he could barely stand his own against 1 elite. This would of killed him within 20 seconds.

The easy mode will end sooner or later... with or without me.

Oh? Well seems like a problem that now got fix. Or maybe your kehm was underpower compare to others. might be less pressence who knows. Point is. You can just not use them and play the game.

Like I said. It won't get nerfed. So you might as well get use to it, or quit.

I think they finally balanced companions, before companions like Treek had 10x the amount of health at level 1 then my character did. Now Treek properly scales with my level and gear at level one. As we level so do our companions also become stronger, and more useful.

Before 4.0 tanking and healing stances on companions were really underwhelming, even decently geared for example Treek in tank gear would die way to easily with out my sage using the discipline tree for heals. So now they actually tank and heal well at higher levels. Put Lana on DPS and don't heal her and she would die pretty easy in that fight.

Try having your companion in DPS and if you are a healer or tank ignore taunts and heals to them and see how "overpowered" they are.

If i could play the fight again to look at it i would. However,your argument makes no sense. Why should i have to change the way i play cause something is broken. If I cant have a tank companions lets take the rolls out and go back to what they were. BTW Even in game people say that DPS companions do way more damage than they do.

Tutorial fight is easy, Film at 11. And you don't even show your Republic unlocks, just your Imperial, and not your own stats sheet, so we can't see how much presence you actually have.

Companions might be scaling too well, but this isn't really proof.

Have your OP companion solo Malgus HM, that would be proof.

It took your companion 3 minutes to kill 2 elites...

Maybe their survivability is a bit high, but I wouldn't call them powerful based on that video.

I don't really understand the want for companion nerfs. You can change their stances, disable whatever abilities you want, etc if you feel like it's too easy.

Oh? Well seems like a problem that now got fix. Or maybe your kehm was underpower compare to others. might be less pressence who knows. Point is. You can just not use them and play the game.

Like I said. It won't get nerfed. So you might as well get use to it, or quit.

why should not be able to sue my companions. its my story also not just yours.

also where is your source that this will not get nerfed. I will wait.

why should not be able to sue my companions. its my story also not just yours.

also where is your source that this will not get nerfed. I will wait.

Wait a long time, because from polls and feedback tons of people enjoy how strong they are. The game is going to be design around them..and your video was full of fail as this was suppose to be a easy fight.

I can do this all day buddy. You can wait all you want but your crusade will fail. Just like the optional level sync ones did.

Tutorial fight is easy, Film at 11. And you don't even show your Republic unlocks, just your Imperial, and not your own stats sheet, so we can't see how much presence you actually have.

actually it wouldn't cause most people that play are only going to do the story missions and then leave. Like what happened at launch.

I don't have any republic characters unlocked. Either way they should not be able to solo this without help.

Companions could do that before being well geared. Next? Oh btw, It is not getting nerfed.

Gearing your companion well enough to do something like that (which they wouldn't have walked away from with 95% health) took a lot of work crafting, buying, and getting the legacy presence bonus. Now it's the baseline. Sidekicks are so powerful the hero is no longer necessary. It was not like this before.

smh

So far you are only repeating this nonsense without backing it up with any actual worthy argument. That's all you fans of overpowered companions can do. The proof of OP companions is there in the original post or in that other video wherein a guy solos the faction base.You only go from one extreme to another. No one wants to make the solo content hard. People only want to make it easy instead of a faceroll experience.

...People will play for the awesome story content. Not because their companions are OP. If they love the story either way they will stick with whatever they are having issues with.

Thanks for making your argument and complaints invalid. If you truly liked the story, then it shouldn't matter how your companions play.

Edited by ChrispyBass

Malgus is designed to challenge 4 players. Why does a companion (which is designed to help out in single player content) have to be able to solo him to be considered overpowered?

Wait a long time, because from polls and feedback tons of people enjoy how strong they are. The game is going to be design around them..and your video was full of fail as this was suppose to be a easy fight.

I can do this all day buddy. You can wait all you want but your crusade will fail. Just like the optional level sync ones did.

poll. you mean that terrible straw poll that shows nothing? for all i know they posted it to everyone in their guild and said to vote for this.

People said Sorcs shouldn't be nerfed at launched and they will. People said that the coin machine shouldn't be touched and it was. Just a matter of time.

supposed to be an easy fight is fine but no damage. K whatever you say.

I don't really understand the want for companion nerfs. You can change their stances, disable whatever abilities you want, etc if you feel like it's too easy.

But then he can't force his own opinion of how the game should be onto the whole community!

Of course, everyone should run around with useless companions. Because he says so!

So far you are only repeating this nonsense without backing it up with any actual worthy argument. That's all you fans of overpowered companions can do. The proof of OP companions is there in the original post or in that other video wherein a guy solos the faction base.You only go from one extreme to another. No one wants to make the solo content hard. People only want to make it easy instead of a faceroll experience.

No proof at all. Just because you feel like they should not be able to do it. Does not mean that they are op.

The fight would have been just as easy as without the companion. So what if they can do it? People act like the game was hard before. It was not, and now that companions could solo things, it also lets healer play styles who like to support them feel even cooler when they do it.

So at the end of the day, It is all working as it should be. Open world/solo content should not be hard or tedious. Most mmos have optional stuff for harder things, but this mmo combat is so bad they just are focus on story. As they should.

Companions could do that before being well geared. Next? Oh btw, It is not getting nerfed.

Ok. Tell me how you reached 100k hp on a companion before 4.0 that hits like a truck with 30k crits or heal you to full in any circumstances whether it's flashpoint or faction base. If only I could take companions to operations I would take them any day over our healers from the progress team. :cool: