The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

KOTFE Premade Level 60 Characters & Lack Of Legacy Buffs?

Adaarye

If the legacy buff for that class does NOT come with the purchase of the character (and it doesn't), then we should be able to go back and do the story quests to unlock it. Why is it not this way? Is it a bug? Working as intended? If it's working as intended then I am so underwhelmed. Can a CS rep please clarify?

I won't be buying anymore tokens if we don't get the opportunity to open the legacy buffs.

So you don't want to do acts 1 - 3 to get the buff?

They said right from the start that insta-60s won't count towards class completion, which is essentially what you need for legacy buffs.

Simply complete the story 1-50, and you'll be all set. No, you shouldn't be allowed to use an insta-60, which is designed to start KotFE, to go back and complete content that you will be overpowered for, even with level sync. That's a slap in the face to everyone who actually did the classes for the buffs.

You want the buff, you do the work.

So you don't want to do acts 1 - 3 to get the buff?

They said right from the start that insta-60s won't count towards class completion, which is essentially what you need for legacy buffs.

Simply complete the story 1-50, and you'll be all set. No, you shouldn't be allowed to use an insta-60, which is designed to start KotFE, to go back and complete content that you will be overpowered for, even with level sync. That's a slap in the face to everyone who actually did the classes for the buffs.

You want the buff, you do the work.

I said in my post, but I will restate it here for clarity sake that I WANT to do the quests but I CANNOT. I just tried with my purchased 60 and the quests are not available.

Don't assume that I don't want to do the work because either you did not read my post fully, or you didn't (or chose to not) understand what I asked. Your reply was not helpful at all.

As I matter of fact, I feel cheated that I do NOT have access to those quests. I feel what I purchased is not a complete character. At all.

I have character that have existed since Beta. I've done the work on those, just so you know. I'd like to do the story quests on all my characters, even the purchased ones. If I can't, I'll never buy another one.

Edited by Adaarye

They've told everyone on countless occassions that the insta-60 is meant to start KotFE, which means that all class stories need completed.

Same if you have a lvl 60 and didn't finish all the required missions up to KotFE, that it would auto-complete.

I get where you are coming from now. Unfortunately, the only way you'll get credit for completing the story is to actually complete the story from the beginning at lvl 1. As much as I hate some class stories, I'm working on it, just for the sake of getting it done for the two I haven't done. :confused:

The Insta-60 is meant more for people who want to play a class for the expansion, but have already done the stories, or don't want to do the stories, rather than simply having a high-level character.

Edited by JWagner

Seeing as I already have all the Legacy perks/buffs from all eight classes, my biggest issue with insta-60s right now is their lack of class titles. Sith characters don't get the "Lord" or "Darth" title, Jedi don't get the "Master" title, Agents don't get the "Cipher Agent" or "Agent" titles, Troopers don't get the rank titles, etc.

To me, this is incredibly immersion breaking, and seeing as I've already done all eight class stories, I don't understand why there isn't some Legacy perk that unlocks all these titles for insta-60s...

I said in my post, but I will restate it here for clarity sake that I WANT to do the quests but I CANNOT. I just tried with my purchased 60 and the quests are not available.

Don't assume that I don't want to do the work because either you did not read my post fully, or you didn't (or chose to not) understand what I asked. Your reply was not helpful at all.

As I matter of fact, I feel cheated that I do NOT have access to those quests. I feel what I purchased is not a complete character. At all.

I have character that have existed since Beta. I've done the work on those, just so you know. I'd like to do the story quests on all my characters, even the purchased ones. If I can't, I'll never buy another one.

Agreed. With level sync being the way it is, I wish we could just go back and do the story quests on insta-60s.

Agreed. With level sync being the way it is, I wish we could just go back and do the story quests on insta-60s.

Exactly. So I guess Insta-60's are really meant to be KOTFE specific. If that's the case, I sure hope there is going to be a hell of a lot more content to make up for the lack of content on my Bounty Hunter and Gunslinger. The Bounty Hunter I made with the free token, the Gunslinger I purchased. I've not leveled either of these in the past. I am suffering from major buyers remorse at the moment.

I hate I missed the part where Bioware said that the old content and companions are not included with the purchase because without those, the tokens are not worth $20 much less $29. Not to me anyway. The description in the Cartel Market just says this token gives a level 60 character and an additional character slot. It says nothing about lack of ability to do the old content and lack of legacy buff/titles/companions, etc.

. The description in the Cartel Market just says this token gives a level 60 character and an additional character slot. It says nothing about lack of ability to do the old content and lack of legacy buff/titles/companions, etc.

It also doesn't say you get them.

If you did get them and hadn't done the story quest on a previous similar class to already have the buff then buying the insta level 60 for the class buff would be considered Pay To Win which this game forbids.

Skipping to level 60 is pay to win... You pay to skip levels 1 to 59. Look I just want the title's. I could give a rat's about buffs or legendary status. I would work for them if I could, but I can't. You can pay to unlock all the races. That takes effort that you can just throw money at it and it goes away(pay to win). Look I get why you fanboys are defending Bioware, but they screwed the pooch on this one. They won't be getting anymore of my money that's for sure.

Skipping to level 60 is pay to win... You pay to skip levels 1 to 59. Look I just want the title's. I could give a rat's about buffs or legendary status. I would work for them if I could, but I can't. You can pay to unlock all the races. That takes effort that you can just throw money at it and it goes away(pay to win). Look I get why you fanboys are defending Bioware, but they screwed the pooch on this one. They won't be getting anymore of my money that's for sure.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I've requested a refund for the Insta-60 I purchased. We'll see what happens.

I am just now taking my existing Beta aged INQ though the story. I got the popup that by my moving forward, I was losing the ability to complete anything that had been left undone and that my companions were about to go through changes. Wish I'd taken this character through first. I would have asked for clarification before throwing my money away.

Even so, that doesn't change the fact that the description on the Cartel Market should accurately describe the Insta-60.

I guess the 2800 CC I paid for Treek and the account unlock are wasted? :confused:(Correction: My mate just told me that Treek is there again eventually)

One more question .. Why the hell didn't Andronikos have on his pants in the cinematic?!!! LOL. Yes I know my mail and inventory was flooded with stuff ... drinking again perhaps? :p

Edited by Adaarye

You must take a class the same as the insta 60 you bought. finish out chapter 2. i'ts like lvl 42 or something.

then you get the buff. I had to do this. Lucky me I did it while 12xp was running just for that reason. It is what BW has said all along. Sorry if you missed it...

As a instant level 60 you start with your companions. If you do the original class stories you would earn companions that you have. In the expansion you loose those companions. That world is forever changed after you start the expansion.

One option, If you want some time with your companions, you can hit escape when the words are flowing and you go to the fleet. You can do the exploration quests, complete heroics and earn credits if you don't have any. That way you can buy gifts for your current companions to raise their level to 10 (needed for Jedi Consular with Qyzen). You can even do the quests on Illum, Oricon and Makab. You can always hit the button at the top of the quests to start the expansion.

You must take a class the same as the insta 60 you bought. finish out chapter 2. i'ts like lvl 42 or something.

then you get the buff. I had to do this. Lucky me I did it while 12xp was running just for that reason. It is what BW has said all along. Sorry if you missed it...

I know most likely this will be the case.

I don't always read forums, patch notes, etc. Not everyone does. I do when I try to figure out why the server is down, what's a bug, what's working as intended, etc. I have hardly played for the past months. Unfortunately real life has the terrible habit of interfering with my game play. :o

Can someone please give me a link to where Bioware described the Insta-60 purchase? I really do want to read it. That said, even if there is an accurate description of the item someplace, the same description should be provided on the Market. Had there been a description at the point of sale, I wouldn't have purchased it. No problem.

As a instant level 60 you start with your companions. If you do the original class stories you would earn companions that you have. In the expansion you loose those companions. That world is forever changed after you start the expansion.

Regarding this...I do not understand. Why raise companion affection to 25k (or something like that) if you loose them in the expansion? I was looking forward to see some new stories with my old companions and maybe to gain some new ones.

And now when I watch my BF (I don't want to play until the official release) play this...I'm more and more speechless about what's going on in there.

He plays instant level 60, no previous companions present and actually - he's been playing KotFE for last 3 hours and he's in chapter 5.

WTH?

Isn't that a little fast? Months and months of waiting for 5 hours of fun?

Please...tell me there will be difference if I start KotFE with my normal, story-finnished lvl 60 character. And I will not loose my companions for sake of Lana and the other guys. C'mon...I have a wife there :D :D

I know most likely this will be the case.

I don't always read forums, patch notes, etc. Not everyone does. I do when I try to figure out why the server is down, what's a bug, what's working as intended, etc. I have hardly played for the past months. Unfortunately real life has the terrible habit of interfering with my game play. :o

Can someone please give me a link to where Bioware described the Insta-60 purchase? I really do want to read it. That said, even if there is an accurate description of the item someplace, the same description should be provided on the Market. Had there been a description at the point of sale, I wouldn't have purchased it. No problem.

Yes please on a source link. If that is the case I will shut up and quietly leave and never play this game again. Not because I didn't get my way. I just feel cheated and if this is "working as intended" then I wasted $20. I will admit my failure at assuming what the boost would entail and leave.

Thanks for the link.

The question still remains however. Who would think they need to go to "Help" to get all the details on a purchased item? Is that how Bioware operates now? Buying things from the Cartel Market are not sold at face value and it's the responsibility of the player to go to help, forums, call customer service etc etc before purchasing?

No thanks and as I said earlier, BUYER BEWARE.

Thank heavens Bioware doesn't run the Dragon Age or Mass Effect divisions like this.

What a bunch of whiners! Waaaaaa!

You want to pay to bypass the 1-59 grind, then complain when skipping the content doesn't give you the same perks.

Too bad.

An "instant 60" character is mean to do one thing... to give you immediate access to KOTFE content, Did you receive that? If so, congratulations. Enjoy KOTFE. If you wish to enjoy other perks associated with "classic" SWTOR leveling, you still have that option. Hell, you even got a free character slot to facilitate that. Simply create a new level 1 character and enjoy the game.

For some reason you expected to get the rewards you get from actually playing the class?? The only thing I think free/ paid 60's deserve to have are the titles like Lord and Darth everything else no, play it normally Edited by Newyankalt

You have no idea what Pay to Win is, obviously. As I can't buy high end raid gear from the CM and I can't buy anything that gives me a significant advantage (That they can only obtain by buying) over someone that's working for stuff in-game.

What a bunch of whiners! Waaaaaa!

You want to pay to bypass the 1-59 grind, then complain when skipping the content doesn't give you the same perks.

Too bad.

An "instant 60" character is mean to do one thing... to give you immediate access to KOTFE content, Did you receive that? If so, congratulations. Enjoy KOTFE. If you wish to enjoy other perks associated with "classic" SWTOR leveling, you still have that option. Hell, you even got a free character slot to facilitate that. Simply create a new level 1 character and enjoy the game.

People who don't take the time to read the details of the original post really shouldn't reply. Your opinion does not matter if it doesn't pertain to the post in the first place, so why do it? Those that do this remind of vultures sitting and waiting for the opportunity to be insulting and nasty. Seems to be a disease these days on game forums in general. There are ways to express opinions without being insulting.

For the second time, myself and most of the others that post here are protesting that we aren't given to opportunity to do the quests to get the things that a normal 60 would get. My complaint also includes that an accurate description should be provided at the point of sale. My conclusion is that Bioware has been very dishonest about that they sold me.

I invite constructive opinions (even if they disagree with mine) here because perhaps those will help me feel better about the 20 dollar bill I wasted. If the purpose of your reply is to insult or demean, then get back under the bridge troll.

Edited by Adaarye

People who don't take the time to read the details of the original post really shouldn't reply. Your opinion does not matter if it doesn't pertain to the post in the first place, so why do it? Those that do this remind of vultures sitting and waiting for the opportunity to be insulting and nasty. Seems to be a disease these days on game forums in general. There are ways to express opinions without being insulting.

For the second time, myself and most of the others that post here are protesting that we aren't given to opportunity to do the quests to get the things that a normal 60 would get. My complaint also includes that an accurate description should be provided at the point of sale. My conclusion is that Bioware has been very dishonest about that they sold me.

I invite constructive opinions here because perhaps those will help me feel better about the 20 dollar bill I wasted. If the purpose of your reply is to insult or demean, then get back under the bridge troll.

It was quite clear to me that level 60s where meant to start at KOTFE and that once started you can't go back to do any of the previous story content... Like the people complaining about early access if you bothered to read anything before hand then people wouldn't be having problems.