The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Level 60 Character

SlyEwokWarrior

I was able to go to my stronghold and fleet.. Limitations are you have no creds or crystals to buy upgrades if you want to use different armor or weapon(s). Also you have your disciples and crew skills chosen for you.

Ex: if you chose Jedi Guardian you can't pick to be a tank or dps.

The most important limitation is that you can't do the old class and planetary series quests. These are assumed to be already done, with specific choices made.

An SI, for example, is referred to in the opening scenes as Darth Imperious.

In addition, you have an armour-oriented set of crew skills pre-chosen for you: Armormech for tech users, Synthweave for force users, with their normal gather/mission skills.

It is possible to choose your discipline within your AC. Look carefully at the screens while you create your character. (But disciples are another matter.)

I was able to go to my stronghold and fleet.. Limitations are you have no creds or crystals to buy upgrades if you want to use different armor or weapon(s). Also you have your disciples and crew skills chosen for you.

Ex: if you chose Jedi Guardian you can't pick to be a tank or dps.

You can change your discipline points and role to tank from DPS, you just need to have the gear appropriate for this role. I created a Jugg and flipped my role to tank from the pre-existing DPS and reset the points. I sent her some credits and legacy (Devoted Allies) tanking gear and off she went!

I liked the default max level Synthweaving crafting skill! All you have to do is see the trainer and buy the level 500 schematics for augments etc and you start crafting and sending companions out on missions. I just share mats from my legacy bank.

I caution, create a 60 is not a good avenue for someone who has no credits to share from another toon. You are poor when you land, you can't send mail (can't pay the shipping fee) and you would really struggle to start crafting b/c of the cost of missions. These level 60s are really better suited for those of us with a number of pre-existing toons and a legacy.

Edited by Baby-Girl

As soon as i made my lvl 60 character. Once i got her up and going, i sent 500 k and some legacy gear to start this new story off right. I am glad i did, she went into the new story looking like no other outlander. Plus some new things bought from GTM......

Take care and be Well.......

These level 60s are really better suited for those of us with a number of pre-existing toons and a legacy.

Or, maybe, for people who just want to get on with playing KotFE? (I agree with your point (and your reasoning) that they are a poor choice for quickly getting a level 500 crafter.)