Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Maybe the game is getting too casual?

foldyjedi

Maybe they enjoy it without having to learn companions? They made a choice to design the game like this. No one needs to learn anything. They have metrics on what people do. Newsflash - people do not raid in this game. They barely do hardmodes. So why is it an issue to do heroic quests/story quests with a companion? You think they want it to be longer?

Make it a difficult grind - people leave.

Did you really just quote their metrics? You know, the metrics they always manipulate with events and exp boosts to skew in their favour.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People just don't learn how to play their roles anymore, because everything is getting too easy.

And then as soon as it gets a little challengeing, people are overwhelmed. I was in a flashpoint yesterday via GF, and it

was all dd's.....but still people didn't feel the need to heal themselves up before fights. Plus the tank didn't even know what that was.

On the other hand you can't blame them, when you have companions that can do most of the content alone :)

I would like if players took their time again and wait and discuss strategies before just pulling everything.

Something I find with a lot of MMOs is things are thrown at you. Sure the game gives you a tutorial, but its all the other stuff. The things other players throw at you. It makes it a bit daunting. I'm sure we all remember our very first mmo and not knowing a tank from a banthas butt crack. Thankfully things are simplified. Especially with TOR. For those that quit when the going gets rough, they probably aren't MMO junkies in general. Casual? EA needs it to be casual to turn a profit. Bring in new people or bring back old ones. I'm sure we have all taken time off, come back and things have changed. At least the changes haven't been mindboggling.

I would rather sit down and discuss strategy with someone unfamiliar to an SM content than just kick them cause I want phat loots fast. If you want to that's your thing but now your just leaving people with bad tastes in their mouth

No, now they won't die (often) anyway so everyone is happy. again, in story mode. not arguing about hard mode.

Don't blame casuals. Blame devs that can't take a good idea and leave it alone. They have to first compare it to WoW and then beat the thing they want to change with a dead horse(yes, the horse and not a stick) until it quits moving too....then put giant shoulder pads on it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.