The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

WTH with PvP (PvE?) tank stats on new gear!?

Glower

What the heck!? Defense stat is everywhere on every mod and ench! But i need SHIELD to trigger my Absorption on my SHIELDtech! :confused:

They have forgotten about Vanguard / Powertech tanks in 4.0? :confused:

btw. my 60lvl stats before 4.0 (full dark reaver, BiS for my tastes):

54658hp

10271armor

49.32 dr

11.09 defense

36.75 shield

40.06 absorption

And now in same gear i have:

52484hp

10271armor

49.32 dr

14.74 defense

22.00 shield

47.97 absorption

Defense stat FTW even for VG/PT tanks? :confused:

Terribad... I just do not understand.:(

Edited by Glower

Yeah, so, basically, every mod and every enhancement has defense on it now. This was applied retroactively to our tanking gear as well, which in my case ended up trading about 900 shield for 900 defense and some absorb for defense as well. It's fine for what I've done so far (leveling, heroics, FPs), but looking forward I'm not sure how it will look.

I'd like to point out that Dulfy's PT tank guide already had a high defense build, which recommended something along the lines of 45% of your pool being spent on defense, 35% on shield, and 20% on absorb. With the new gear itemization, it looks like we should be able to get fairly close to that arrangement, especially with the augment upgrade.

So for now, here's what I'm looking at doing.

- Give in and run defense on all mods and enhancements, going with B mods like before.

- Run about twice the amount of shield as absorb. Balance augments and enhancements appropriately to achieve this ratio.

This is about the only thing we can do, since the minimum amount of defense we end up with is fixed. Then we'll let the theorycrafters plug everything into their calculators and see how the tanks end up balancing. Assassins are in a similar situation, where they didn't want much defense either but now have to run a bunch. Hopefully Bioware did the math too and the tanks still end up within a few percent of each other.

Edited by WanderingTitan