Magnetic Anchor Points in Heroic Star Fortress

Beohbe

Encountered an issue where my character would travel halfway across the gaps in the last section of heroic Star Fortress (Exarch fight), while using the clickable magnetic anchor points, and fall to his death. Failed to make the jump about 50 times out of roughly 60 attempts, at multiple anchor points in two separate runs of the instance. When successful, my method was exactly the same as when the jumps failed.

Character was a body type 4 sith warrior.

Is this a bug, latency issue, or does Bioware just hate fat people?

Edited by Beohbe

• 5 months later...

I'm having this exact same issue at the moment, tho I'm female body type 1. I don't think it's a bug more so than quality assurance obviously didn't bother testing this jump more than once. I don't know what they were thinking making the gap so huge, but this needs to be corrected.

Edit: I found a 100% workaround a little while ago. You have to walk off the edge and click the magnetic anchor before you die. The distance you get from going off the edge seems to be enough to get you across safely. I was able to hit all 3 magnetic anchors in a row with this. :)

Edited by Aeristash

• 4 months later...
I think there are a few threads about this but I'll add my vote to this one too. Please fix. It probably just needs for the landing targets to be slightly moved and the facing of those targets to be changed to face the opposite direction of the ledge. Sounds like an easy fix but the hard part is finding someone to do it apparently. Although I don't know, they might have to completely rewrite a trillion lines of code to fix it rather than just move around some digital objects in a three dimensional map.