The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is JJ Abrams killing the EU storyline in The Force Awakens???

PolvinKut

I don't understand why people think that SW is better off without the EU :o Mara Jade! Han and Leia's kids! Thrawn trilogy! Loved these about the EU!

Now what are we going to get? Looks like no kids for Han and Leia. Luke never got married and went off to live in seclusion. People don't remember anything about how they stopped the evil Empire.

All this, so they could use the original actors and chewie?

I don't understand why people think that SW is better off without the EU :o Mara Jade! Han and Leia's kids! Thrawn trilogy! Loved these about the EU!

Now what are we going to get? Looks like no kids for Han and Leia. Luke never got married and went off to live in seclusion. People don't remember anything about how they stopped the evil Empire.

All this, so they could use the original actors and chewie?

The thing about the old EU is a mixed bag, and that's the problem. On the one hand you get some of the great things about Star Wars; Thrawn, Mara Jade, the Solo children. However, on the other hand it comes with all the baggage that the EU comes with. We don't need things like the Vong, or 2/3rds of the Solo children ending up dead because the EU felt the need to kill off anyone who could possibly take up the mantel for the heroes.

At the end of the day, restting the EU was really the only way to move forward. I would love to see some of those better aspects return in some way, but at the end of the day they needed to reset the field so that anything could be made.