Worth it to role a Sage in 4.0?

justadude

Hi,

with the changes to the companion system I am considering rolling a new toon. While I have a leveled Shadow I am considering a Sage to use as a healer in group content. I like to deal damage while leveling and was wondering how dps specs are.

Both specs are really easy to level with. Even if you were to level up as a healer you would be able to DPS through just about any situation. Forcequake is very strong on all disciplines, especially if you grab the 25% utility. I've levelled up one of each character, and the only characters that have had an easier experience levelling were stealth classes because you can sneak past everything. With even a healer Sage you will speed through content at a similar pace.

Too early to say yet - need math-brains to do their thing. Madness was absolutely useless in 3.0 PVE, and it's hard to tell how it will do with 4.0 reworks.

And lightning looks broken in regards of crit-surge convertion, which, potentially, makes it less viable as well.

PvP - Absolutely

PvE - Yes, absolutely.

Perhaps the only place Sages might have some problem is that they aren't top DPS, but that matter only for HM/NiM operations.

Telekinetic is bottom of the barrel now