The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tank or DPS Powertech?

Rebamcfan

Hello

My Powertech is level 13 and she`s in Shield Tech(tank) at the moment but now i`m not sure should i turn her into Pyrotech(damage) since they gave her that new ability which apparently works only in group(?) :confused: and gave Jet charge to all PTs? So is tanking as PT still good or should i really go as damage....?

Edited by Rebamcfan

I still prefer running a tank, but if you want to go DPS I'd suggest the advanced prototypes tree (tactics for vanguards) over pyrotech. Pyrotech is a damage over time focused discipline, which doesnt work well while soloing since enemies die too quickly for it to contribute much. Advanced prototypes will give you a mix of DoT and burst damage and plays really smooth in comparison to pyrotech.

Don't worry about the new raid-focused ability. Every class has a few situational moves that only see use in certain types of content.

Do whichever you want to do, both shieldtech tanking and advanced prototype DPS are a lot of fun for leveling. If you play a tank, you can bring a DPS companion and shouldn't have any survivability issues. If you run DPS, I'd probably stick with a healer.