Ability is GONE !

Silvafox

About a week before the expansion download I created a Togruta JK .

JKs start with 2 basic fighting abilities. Strike and Slash.

Ever since the expansion download my Togruta JK has NO slash ability.

Its not on my hotbar. Its not in my ability list. Its not on my trainer.

It is completely **GONE**.

I submitted a ticket explaining all this and got a wonderful PFO response. Yup, that's right. Even a fully paid subscriber account cannot use the in-game ticket system to report game problems. The fail just never ends.

Since this post is receiving no replies at all, and doubtless people are thinking that I'm not looking in the right place ... here is a pic of my JK's ability list, and a pic of my trainers full JK ability list. "Slash" SHOULD be listed right after "Shii-Cho Form" . But its completely missing.

http://i60.tinypic.com/1zokz8y.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/24kxt3n.jpg

I have other JK toons and they are not missing "Slash". Only my Togruta JK is missing this main ability.

I'm getting no help from CS whatsoever ...

I believe that it may depend on wether another ability is supposed to take its place or not. Deception Assassins also lose Thrash in favour of Voltaic Slash, and Lightning Sorc loses Lightning Strike in favour of Lightning Bolt now. :o

Not sure this is the reason though, just saying. :p

I believe that it may depend on wether another ability is supposed to take its place or not. Deception Assassins also lose Thrash in favour of Voltaic Slash, and Lightning Sorc loses Lightning Strike in favour of Lightning Bolt now. :o

Not sure this is the reason though, just saying. :p

Thank you for your thoughts, but I have another JK Sentinel ... and she is not missing "Slash".

There is no mention in the release notes of "Slash" being removed or replaced.

My rotation is really gimped without it ...

On your screenshots I see that your JK is Sentinel in Combat discipline. It means that you don't need Slash anyway, it should be replaced by Blade Rush ability. You can even read it in description: "Replaces Slash". Sorry, but your rotation does not need Slash. Edited by Weremas

On your screenshots I see that your JK is Sentinel in Combat discipline. It means that you don't need Slash anyway, it should be replaced by Blade Rush ability. You can even read it in description: "Replaces Slash". Sorry, but your rotation does not need Slash.

I will try your suggestion and fill the void with Blade Rush. Fingers crossed.

THANK YOU for your help. This has been a frustratingly obscure thing to find buried in an ability tree mouse over text box only. It is not mentioned in the patch notes which I did read multiple times.

I will try your suggestion and fill the void with Blade Rush. Fingers crossed.

THANK YOU for your help. This has been a frustratingly obscure thing to find buried in an ability tree mouse over text box only. It is not mentioned in the patch notes which I did read multiple times.

You are welcome. And I don't want to be annoying, but please turn your Ataru form on and never switch to Shii-Cho while you are in Combat discipline. It's a bit disturbing to see it active on your screenshot. :o

You are welcome. And I don't want to be annoying, but please turn your Ataru form on and never switch to Shii-Cho while you are in Combat discipline. It's a bit disturbing to see it active on your screenshot. :o

Your advise is welcome, not annoying. Thank you again.

I typically do use Ataru but I was trying to change anything that i could to try to make "Slash" reappear. So I tried turning Shii-Cho back on.

I will return to Ataru again.

I typically do use Ataru but I was trying to change anything that i could to try to make "Slash" reappear.

Well, just to make sure that it is gone because you are in Combat spec, you can try to change discipline to something else and see if Slash will appear again. It's a bit confusing, because before update replacements for no longer needed abilities didn't force them to disappear completely. Guess they changed it for convenience of new players, if that's how it is working now. Or maybe it is a bug, I actually have no idea, because I did not test it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Weremas