Finn and being a 'Jedi'

MouseNoFour

Watching the third trailer for The Force Awakens, brought a question to my mind.

Finn being a Jedi.

Without the Jedi Order or any semblance of any kind of council of the Jedi, what determines if anyone is a effectively a 'Jedi'? Considering that after the Battle of Endor (which is what the movie is), Jedi were all but extinct.

Finn could be just a regular guy attempting to use a lightsaber against a real Sith, really a lop sided duel since Kylo could slice him in half without a second thought.

But if Finn DOES have force powers, and does follow the Light, does that automatically classify him as a Jedi or is that title more for a time when force users who know a lot more about the force, are present to grant him that title?

I don't think wielding the Light Side makes you a Jedi unless you agree to follow the Jedi Code as well- the same goes for the Sith. It's more of a philosophy thing than a "you are this if you do this" thing.

In the movie, no one knows for sure if Finn has been training as a Jedi from Luke or is just kinda trying to be brave lol. Kylo Ren was confirmed not to be Sith, but that's kinda weird because Darth Vader was Sith and he's trying to follow in his footsteps.

Let's just wait and see, the movie is two months away! So hype!

I don't think wielding the Light Side makes you a Jedi unless you agree to follow the Jedi Code as well- the same goes for the Sith. It's more of a philosophy thing than a "you are this if you do this" thing.

In the movie, no one knows for sure if Finn has been training as a Jedi from Luke or is just kinda trying to be brave lol. Kylo Ren was confirmed not to be Sith, but that's kinda weird because Darth Vader was Sith and he's trying to follow in his footsteps.

Finn starts out as a stormtrooper. He's likely Force-sensitive, and considering the hilt he has is our main man Darth Vader's, it's likely he meets Luke at some point in the film.

Finn is black.

So in all movies he is likely to die just like all black people do in movies before the credits roll.

We all know he fights Kylo so that basically says he is a dead man.

BTW I think Lando Calrisian is the only brotha to survive an action film, I'm surprised Vader didn't kill him.

Edited by PolvinKut

Finn is black.

So in all movies he is likely to die just like all black people do in movies before the credits roll.

We all know he fights Kylo so that basically says he is a dead man.

BTW I think Lando Calrisian is the only brotha to survive an action film, I'm surprised Vader didn't kill him.

Zeus survived! So did Sgt Al Powell.

Kylo Ren is supposedly from another group called the Knights of Ren, whose members all use the name Ren in their name similar to Darth for the Sith.

It could just be that they revere Vader because he was a powerful dark sider that helped destroy the Jedi. I'm assuming the Knights of Ren are darksiders like the Sith, if Kylo Ren's appearance and light saber are anything to go by.