Hottie’s 4.0 Guide to PvP Operative/Scoundrel Healing

kissingaiur

Here is the steps to set it up:

1) Set a hotkey to locking the overlay IG. I set mine to shift+ctrl+Z. You can do this by clicking Interface -> Settings -> fill out: "Lock Overlay" section.

Example: http://imgur.com/hSdCmS4

2) Go in game and with the overlay unlocked.

3) Drag the overlay and resize it depending on your op frame set up.

4) Make sure the overlay has no names of past players within it. If it does click the "x" to remove all the names.

5) Lock your overlay by tabbing out or clicking your hotkey.

6) Go into a WZ and HoT players in column one from top to bottom, do the same for the second column. This sets all the names in your group in order of how they were HoTs and their names will appear in the overlay.

7) Unlock your overlay and make sure the players are in the right positions within the overlay. If not drag and drop them to fix the mistakes.

8) Lock the overlay and your are ready for battle.

9) After the WZ, unlock the overlay and remove all the names within it but yourself and 2-9 repeat.

Way too much thought and effort. I'll wait until it gets out of beta

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: Infusion/KoltoPack:

Tip: You can clip the timing of your Infusion. What does this mean? You can still get the ability to activate even though you forced a cancel on it by stepping forward or backward (such as if you are fake fasting). How does it work? At 1.2 seconds in the cast step forward or backward to cancel the cast this will save .15~ seconds.

I have tried to do the same thing to Injection/Underworld Medicine but it more RNG if it works.

Example of Infusion/Kolto Pack Clipping : http://www.twitch.tv/kissingaiur/v/51347202

Tip: You can clip the timing of your Infusion. What does this mean? You can still get the ability to activate even though you forced a cancel on it by stepping forward or backward (such as if you are fake fasting). How does it work? At 1.2 seconds in the cast step forward or backward to cancel the cast this will save .15~ seconds.

I have tried to do the same thing to Injection/Underworld Medicine but it more RNG if it works.

Example of Infusion/Kolto Pack Clipping : http://www.twitch.tv/kissingaiur/v/51347202

Shhhhhh. It's not the only one....

sadly it works with dark infusion aswell at1.6-1.7 s

Why can't we have the candy ...

I can't get this overlay to work. I'm reading how you say to do it, I've read how to do it on the website but no names seems to get locked into the HoTs overlay. I've hotted people top to bottom left to right without the hots overlay up, with the hots overlay up and unlocked, and with the hots overlay up and locked and still kolto probe isn't getting tracked. Anyone have an idea as to where I'm messing up?

Sick nasty, sick nasty! Holy **** grats :). Must have been an epic cleave match. Keep it up!!

Yeah, we ended up double capped so 6 of us were in mid (2 guys constantly attacking east...). I always hit 4 or 5 ppl with waves and the enemy had some dot juggs+ dotmaras spreading in our cluster. I ended up taking 1.4 mil damage but they didn't chase me around too much.

All in all one of those matches you have every few months or so:D

Edited by aristrokratie

Yeah, we ended up double capped so 6 of us were in mid (2 guys constantly attacking east...). I always hit 4 or 5 ppl with waves and the enemy had some dot juggs+ dotmaras spreading in our cluster. I ended up taking 1.4 mil damage but they didn't chase me around too much.

All in all one of those matches you have every few months or so:D

All Operative healers pray for games like those <3.

can confirm that double proc on Field Medic's Critical does work

Vëttë

Operative Healer

30,171 Heal (Kolto Injection)

http://swtor.tv/PvP_Records/swtor_2016_03_03_10_47_49_188.png

I know single hits and heals aren't tracked but that is a personal best on a single target heal using Kolto Injection. procs and crits lined up and saved someone low on HP with that heal.

Vëttë

Operative Healer

I know single hits and heals aren't tracked but that is a personal best on a single target heal using Kolto Injection. procs and crits lined up and saved someone low on HP with that heal.

30k is so sexy <3

Vëttë

Operative Healer

With alacrity you should be able to get 4 autocrit buffs at the same time if everything aligns. Still waiting for the 60k heal. One day.

Then what's this?

I don't think that is possible. When I got a 30K~ heal It was a 3-4 stack. I think there is DR on it, 60k heal would be impossible. 40K might be possible in perfect conditions with everything stacked and buffed to the max. So far the highest I ever gotten was like over 31k nothing close to 40k.

Edited by kissingaiur

I don't think that is possible. When I got a 30K~ heal It was a 3-4 stack. I think there is DR on it, 60k heal would be impossible. 40K might be possible in perfect conditions with everything stacked and buffed to the max. So far the highest I ever gotten was like over 31k nothing close to 40k.

I still don't understand how the buff works. If it only added your critchance to your multiplier it'd be 6k*210%= 12.6k ... ?

How does it work?

I still don't understand how the buff works. If it only added your critchance to your multiplier it'd be 6k*210%= 12.6k ... ?

How does it work?

It adds 100% critical which is also a boost for surge, not sure if it's 100%. From what I can tell with WZ 30% healing debuff every stack of your instant heal proc is 5k+ HP when you crit. So one stack is 15-20K~ two stacks can be 20-25k~ easy... 3-4 stacks 30k+.

Edited by kissingaiur

The Crit Multiplier should be something like (1+Surge%)*(CritChance%+AutoCritChance%)

and then you just multiply it with the standard heal.

60k is definitely too high under reasonable conditions or in PvP. I highly doubt the healing crits you got were with 4 stacks though, that would take a lot of luck or patience to set up. But then again, you're doing a ton of WZs!

The Crit Multiplier should be something like (1+Surge%)*(CritChance%+AutoCritChance%)

So basically (1+7/10)(1+4/10)=(17*14)/10~240%

So 6k*240%+20%(surgebonus)*6k=17.3k.

That's about the value I'd expect. Throw in relic procs bedside manners and kolto cloud 5%+ healing bonus and voilá, 19-20k

I've been quiet about it for a while but shield probe is great for arena acid. I'm outlasting sorc bubbles when we both are full health.

Shhhhh ;)

Oh and I hit a personal best 5161.69 HPS in an arena

http://swtor.tv/PvP_Records/swtor_2016_03_11_10_16_36_167.png

On Shadowlands, we don't have the big Cleve groups so it's hard to get above 4K in 8vs8. Either a huge focus on single targets that I have trouble keeping up with or not enough enemy DPS and effective healing suffers. I've done 4K in 8vs8 but it's a lot easier to do in arenas.

Go a little before that time stamp and a few minutes after when I'm alone on west. You'll see the DPS I'm talking about. Or lack there of. I was stuck for nearly 3 minutes as well with a sage and guardian working

Edited by knowmyname

I've been quiet about it for a while but shield probe is great for arena acid. I'm outlasting sorc bubbles when we both are full health.

Shhhhh ;)

On Shadowlands, we don't have the big Cleve groups so it's hard to get above 4K in 8vs8. Either a huge focus on single targets that I have trouble keeping up with or not enough enemy DPS and effective healing suffers. I've done 4K in 8vs8 but it's a lot easier to do in arenas.

Go a little before that time stamp and a few minutes after when I'm alone on west. You'll see the DPS I'm talking about. Or lack there of. I was stuck for nearly 3 minutes as well with a sage and guardian working

Congratulations to your hps record... but I can't really believe the acid thing^^

Did the sorc die IN his bubble or when he came out and the ''postbubble''shiled went off?

Edited by aristrokratie

Shhhhh ;)

Grats on your best highest HPS! Very exciting :)

Yeah I try to save my shield probe for acid damage but if a sorc force barriers right into a static barrier there is no way to keep up with just shield probe. I wish they would just remove the ability to absorb acid damage to begin with. It's just so unfair *sigh*

Edited by kissingaiur

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.