The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

One Major flaw with all this new great stuff.

Salbo

:mad:Today I learned that now if I go back to a planet to complete something I missed or just didnt do back when I was leveling my character is now nerfed to whatever that planet is... If I choose to go back I dont care to sit and kill everything I run past or aggro everything in sight or waste my time killing things that arent even going to give me loot I can use. its a pain in the posterior I dont want or need! If I want to fight I will go where I can at least get something from it useful. That said this may very well be a deal breaker for me personally. The update was heaven I thought until I ran into this. The cinematics the story line was all great and I was enjoying them very very much until I ran into being shoved to noob status again. BOO! Maybe there are those that dont mind wasting their time fighting across a planet they finished with 3 years ago but I do! Give people a one time choice or something or make the loot drops at least equivalent to their level or something... I am sorry this one thing is like forcing the same old thing down my throat again. :mad:

Oooh, I didn't think of that. Somehow I was thinking of flashpoints or entering instances --and not open world --when they announced this. Yep, will suck trying to bounty hunt or collect crafting mats (is that even going to be a thing anymore?) and having to deal with needless aggro-ing of local mobs.

Really,OP? I had to fight mobs after getting knocked off of my speeder once - they were gold and silver mobs on Ilum in the heroic camp area, and it didn't exactly take that long to kill them (no time at all really). It's not like this change has suddenly resulted in you having to stop and fight every single mob you encounter for two hours straight or something equally ridiculous.

And considering that you can quick travel to most places, you probably shouldn't actually have to ride through all that many mob-congested areas anyway. Your reaction is, as far as I'm concerned, both silly and extreme, given my experiences on I had no trouble with any enemies that I encountered. I also happen to drive smart instead of driving right over mobs - you might try that if you insist on driving around everywhere.

BTW, to that other guy who was saying that doing bounties will suck because of the trash mobs, I just did a bounty on Coruscant. You know how long it took to kill the target? Less than a minute just for the target. Even if I had somehow driven through a bunch of mobs or aggro'd a bunch of mobs, I really, really doubt it would have been a problem. Why? Because I was SEVEN LEVELS HIGHER than all the trash in the area (I was level synced to 18, just like the bounty target was level 18 - all the Coruscant trash mobs in the area were gray and were level 11).

So before prematurely complaining about how much something will suck because you think it will suck, maybe people should actually go take some bounty-hunting missions first and THEN complain if they somehow end up actually having trouble - which I rather doubt will happen. In fact, either because of my new gear OR because of the level sync, the bounty target was EASIER than ever before.

EDIT: BTW, I ran into those level 11 mobs on purpose after I was done with my target. You know how long it took to kill one of the regular mobs? One second - I'd say that the silver level 11 took about three seconds. Woop-dee-doo, that was SUCH a drain on my time. *sarcasm x infinity*

EDIT 2: Oh, and I just did a Kingpin bounty on Ord Mantell while solo. It was about as easy as the regular bounty on Coruscant. I was also much higher than the trash mobs on Ord Mantell in the area of the bounty, so I had exactly zero trouble with killing the Kingpin and handling any trash mobs in the area.

Edited by Atreiya

BTW, to that other guy who was saying that doing bounties will suck because of the trash mobs, I just did a bounty on Coruscant. You know how long it took to kill the target? Less than a minute just for the target. Even if I had somehow driven through a bunch of mobs or aggro'd a bunch of mobs, I really, really doubt it would have been a problem. Why? Because I was SEVEN LEVELS HIGHER than all the trash in the area (I was level synced to 18, just like the bounty target was level 18 - all the Coruscant trash mobs in the area were gray and were level 11).

THIS! I did the Coruscant ordinary bounty on Wednesday. My character was a 60 Gunnery Commando with a mix of 178, 186, and 190 (Ziost Blue) gear, mostly Ziost Blue 190. I had one 128-green augment in place, and Elara with presence bonuses from a 50ed human somewhere and 7 or 8 companions maxed. I roflstomped everything along the way. (Galactic Market hit location.) I then took on the bounty target - the one who vanishes at one point early in the fight. The adds came out, then the target was dead. If I had blinked when the adds came out, I'd have missed the tail end of the fight. Seriously, it was that short. That character has no hope in lleh of ever freezing an ordinary Coruscant bounty.

I personally have mixed feelings about it. I love the fact that is now available, being able to to go back to do the story missions on Voss and Corellia that I skipped due to x12 XP and went strait to makeb to hit 55, and do them at 58 and still gain enough XP to level to lvl 60 is amazing. Great job on that part BW. However being forced to have this especially once I am already 65 kind of sucks. I for one would like to still have the ability if I am lvl 65 to go to Tatooine and solo Trapjaw should I ever feel so.

Sorry guys not buying into that fodder. The fact is it HAS made resource gathering a pain it has made travelling a pain and I didnt work all the way to 65 to fight lvl 18 mobs who are going to drop nothing I want. SO essentially its a nuisance and nothing more. Everyone wants to hollar about you can do this story or that story. OK let it affect thos that wish to do it, not those that want NO part of beeng attackd by evreything you pass by and I mean pass by WITHOUT try to climb barrier walls to avoid. Its a wastee of time and NOTHING I see can convince me otherwise.

resource gathering was NEVER hard...in fact they have made it even easier...you do not have to go to the damn planets(never had to before) but now you can specify exactly what mats you want...send your COMPANION to do it. or send ALL of them to do it... level sync in my opinion is GREAT! but even if you are not fond of it you literally cant say that this is game breaking...and a previous poster said something about rewards should be applicable to your level. maybe the normal trash drops are not but rewards for doing the heroics are. and now instead of doing just a few endgame planets for dailies you can do ALL of them for even faster and easier cash(they even teleport you right to them removing even more inconvenience of walking)

this is literally faster and better than it was before and people are just mad because change is scary and uncomfortable.

I dont think anything any faster than it ever was and I like all the other changes. Its a game there is nothing scary about it. I am not a person who would be pre disposed to fearing change. I affect change professionally daily its my job. It may not be a deal breaker for you thats OK. I see NO good in this change itself and please tell me ewhere I can tell my companion to go get Mythra or any other given name I dont see it. Its a pain in the rear nothing else and it IS turning out to be a deal breaker for me. I dont like being 65 and having to waste time fooling with lvl 18's or 40's to get where I need to go and do what it is I need to do. No way around that. One of the reasons I leveled was to not be a noob and all that has been done is we have been forceed back to it. Edited by Salbo
Spelling