Companions constantly losing buffs

KitVenari

• 3 months later...

Just one of the many, many bugs that have been around for months - simply because BW aren't doing patches at the moment.

BW had more important things to worry about - coffee, lunch, extended Christmas break, coffee, doughnuts, more coffee.

We wait to see if 4.1 will add new content and a lot of fixes or if it'll just add more content to sit on top of an extremely bug-ridden game.

Edited by Stoofa

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, need to bring this back. This bug is still happening. I really liked the old method. Sure there was a 60 minute ( I think) timer, but at least I didn't have to constantly re-buff the companion. I understand it has been changed to "auto." Sometimes this works. It's weird. On some servers it works and some classes it works. Some instances it works. But many times it's like others have said: it drops when going through elevators, or changing areas.

I believe this was a 4.0 change. So over 4 months now and no fix nor acknowledgement? :)

Yes, your character attempts to apply buffs automatically when companion is summoned, but it works very poorly.

For example, you cannot auto-cast buffs when another action is in progress (if you attacked an enemy or used an item right from the vehicle), and there's constant loss of buffs after each elevator... Quite annoying, I liked how it worked pre-expansion.

• 8 months later...

This issue wouldn't be so annoying if it had never worked. However I am sure that at one point it always worked, without fail. This was broken and would have been easy to fix in the very next patch.

We're so many months/years passed the point when it was broken, I doubt now that we'll ever see it fixed.