Mad dash

iprice

As an anni mara. I miss my 0-30m leap. I understand the change and am not that bothered by it but miss it greatly. One change i think that they should make to mad dash is make it have you stop at your target if you are targeting or have you go the full range if you have no target. id like to be able to use it more often because animation wise its possibly the coolest ability to date. but beyond the occasional use i have found or just plain forcing myself to use it there is no reason for this ability atm. Its a pretty good CD which i understand is whats its for but when using it for a cd in raids im not always going to wanna fly 20 meters from my target.

you want it to be force charge/leap 2.0: why? I use it to clear the 10m min range of whatever elite I'm fighting (everything weaker is typically dead or near dead by the time charge comes off cooldown) then leap back in. It looks awesome, you build 3 rage and it grants a moment of greater tactical visibility, as it forces you to stop tunnelling on the elite (but only for a moment, long enough to tab to a different target eg the normal attacking the healer you missed because of reasons). Other times, I use it to close when charge is on cooldown (typically while levelling or doing speed runs [or rushed runs because of other players]). Out of combat, I use it largely for the same reason scoundrels/operatives roll everywhere.

Then again, I play a fury Mara, so about half my rotation abilities have a 10m range, so the overshoot is less of a problem for me.

Edited by Feldraeth

as rage you still have obliterate which makes mad dash even more unneeded and youre saying you use it to close the 10m. Thats what im saying i want to do but it sends you another 10m past where you want to go thats useless. And then in ops boss fights when you use the dash as a cooldown like its supposed to be used for its just going to send you flying even if you are wanting to stay in melee of the boss. Which is why i want it to keep you at boss. Im not saying i need another charge im saying i dont want to go flying away from a boss unneeded when im a melee character.

I friggin LOVE Mad Dash. You can use it to negate so much damage. Here's just a few examples

Rage Storm in Underlurker

Grenades in HK-47 phase of Revan

Thermal Detonator or Sticky Dart from a Bounty Hunter

Volatile Substance or Explosive Probe from an Imperial Agent

99% of a Sniper's damage (Marksmanship Only)

There's plenty of more Ops scenarios that I have not encountered where Mad Dash can be useful, Just treat it like the sniper Roll and use it like that.

I friggin LOVE Mad Dash. You can use it to negate so much damage. Here's just a few examples

Rage Storm in Underlurker

Grenades in HK-47 phase of Revan

Thermal Detonator or Sticky Dart from a Bounty Hunter

Volatile Substance or Explosive Probe from an Imperial Agent

99% of a Sniper's damage (Marksmanship Only)

There's plenty of more Ops scenarios that I have not encountered where Mad Dash can be useful, Just treat it like the sniper Roll and use it like that.

It's a great way to close with a sniper without breaking LoS in PvP. You can almost feel their rage as a potential 20-25K ambush crit misses.