Advanced class change need to happen now that we can do it via auto 60.

NeoShard

HI ,

first off i'd like to mention that this isn't a debate anymore advanced class change is possible via auto 60 now BUT you have to destroy the first toon remake and identical one and you loose all your previous story choices that as the dev said HAVE an impact on Kotfe. It would only be a quality of life change.

so please Bioware add the Advanced class change option on the cartel market for the same price as the auto 60 feature and maybe with a cooldown i don't know , it's not any fun redoing the exact same story with the exact same choices and the exact same character for the people who care about the story.

i mean come on it would have 0 impact on the game since everything it can do the auto 60 feature can do it too

adding that option would only show that bioware care about ALL their playerbase.

also for the people who are gonna say things like it will have impact on pvp or anything it wouldn't have any more impact then the auto 60 feature cuz if people really wanna change the class they play in pvp they're just gona auto 60.

A dev answer on this particular topic would be HIGHLY appreciated

The Dev's answer on this, is the same as it always has been, since like Jan of 2012. There will not be a way to change advanced classes.

The fact that you can make a new character at lvl 60 in no way changes this. The whole point of that is so people can make a character and jump right into KotFE rather then level up a character for it.

HI ,

first off i'd like to mention that this isn't a debate anymore advanced class change is possible via auto 60 now BUT you have to destroy the first toon remake and identical one and you loose all your previous story choices that as the dev said HAVE an impact on Kotfe. It would only be a quality of life change.

So in other words you can not change your advanced class, but can choose to delete one character, make a new character using the same name and appearance options, and then select a different advanced class.

Which is how things have always been.

I have a level 20 Chiss sniper? I can delete them and make a new Chiss operative.

I could do this before KFE, I can do it now.

The one and only thing that has changed is that I can now buy a level 60 character.

I might get one for free, but only one.

=============

I am not opposed to the possibility of changing advanced classes, but what they have done is nothing like that.

You can not equate making a new character with respeccing into a different advanced class.

I think that respeccing in this manner should cost cartel coins (possibly buying a respec certificate so such an item could then be sold on the GTN) and not be particularly cheap, but I think that it wouldn't hurt, and might actually help some people, if they made it an option.

Edited by Mithros

Being that many things are ID'ed to your character, like bound items, unlocked inventory slots per the character, etc. I think what would happen, is it wouldnt just be a simple delete character model...it would be every thing. In other words, all your mail, each and every item in your inventory and strong hold, all companions, ..thats how I think it would have to happen.

But then again, you can do it anyway. Just delete your 60, and reroll a new one. Of course no one will due to time invested and items.

I would also love to see this so I can swap out to tank if I ever need to or fancy a change of play style with out grinding out the story again and I agree either put it on cartel market or include the option to the char looks bench in cartel brazier or something :D Edited by thalkrin

HI ,

so please Bioware add the Advanced class change option on the cartel market for the same price as the auto 60 feature and maybe with a cooldown i don't know , it's not any fun redoing the exact same story with the exact same choices and the exact same character for the people who care about the story.

i mean come on it would have 0 impact on the game since everything it can do the auto 60 feature can do it too

adding that option would only show that bioware care about ALL their playerbase.

also for the people who are gonna say things like it will have impact on pvp or anything it wouldn't have any more impact then the auto 60 feature cuz if people really wanna change the class they play in pvp they're just gona auto 60.

First I was like :rak_02: AGAIN with this

Then I was like :o hmm, already flooded with people who dont fully understand their class, which was really my only argument.

You're right, doesn't matter anymore.

This is something they should never add. Along with gender swapping.

It causes way more problems than it's good for.

I was not a big fan, but since players can now create a level 60 whenever they want to, what are the arguments against that still apply?

Can't say "People will switch to an AC that they do not know" because now people can roll a level 60 in a class that they have never played, never mind the different AC. Heck, someone that has never played SWTOR can roll a level 60.

They do not know which key they have to press to move forward, but they have a level 60 character.

The gender thing I am with you on. Gender is gender. There is nothing hidden there and the stories would be affected by a gender swap.

Advanced classes, though? The stories are the same. Nothing changes there so there is no "trouble" other than what it takes for them to add it to the game, and that work should be covered by the costs that people would pay for the respecs.

Edited by Mithros