Absolutely insane download

Varsedar

Damn, as the tile states this is just ridiculous. It took me 6 hours to download the 8 gigs, then i got an error that prompted me to repair, at first i closed the client thinking it would fix it...but no it made the download start ALL OVER AGAIN.

So i went through another SIX FREAKING HOURS of download, repair error again, 53 files needed repair and that took 12 FREAKING HOURS, but hey i thought "after this ends i can finally play".....obviously not cuz after the repair ended the WHOLE MOTHER****ING DOWNLOAD STARTED ALL OVER AGAIN. So i have to sit here waiting another whole 6 hours and hoping that the damned repair error doesnt come up again.

Is this just a joke or is working as intended?

PD: not to mention that after all, this is the swtor client or whatever we are talking about, so instead of downloading at 1 MB/s+ like every other mmo i play it just goes and downloads at less than 500 kb/s (and sometimes even less than 100 kb/s)

Edited by Varsedar

Downloaded the game for the 3rd time, got an error to repair exactly at 65%, i dont know what to do as i dont want to close the client fearing that i would make me restart the whole download again (and repairing took 12 hours last time)

Anyone cares to tell me what the hell is happening?

Welp, tried closing the client before hitting the repair button to see if it would start the whole download again...and it did. Guess ill try running the launcher as administrator and disabling the antivirus completely to see if it makes a goddamn difference.

Okay, downloaded the whole thing for the 4th time as Administrator and disabled the firewall just in case, finished downloading, installed till 65% then the same repair error (which i already "took care of" wasting 12 hours and it didnt fix anything) and just for the sake of seeing if now it tried to repair something else i used the repair button yet again...only to make the same repair that it did the last time (53 files).....

Now is this just me or anyone is having the same problem?

Okay, the fault here is maybe your hdd space, the expansion unpacks into an extra 20 gig of space, if you don't have it, the update crashes...seems they forgot to do a drive space check first .. Hope that helps

First of all thanks for answering, it seems no one else has any insight regarding this issue.

And no, i actually have more than 100 gigs unused, exactly 119 before the download starts then 110 when it finishes...still i will try leaving some more space to see if it actually does something.

Since you downloaded and repaired the whole thing 3? times, I suggest a total reinstall. With a clean install should be able to avoid patching and repairing.

Also, did you disable bit raider?

Edited by Nohrr