Ridiculous Slow Download Speed 4.0

lukehayden

Hi all,

My 4.0 Patch is downloading at a whopping 10-20kbps. I have no idea why its only going at this speed, my average download speed is 1 mbps. I'm in Australia if that could be a reason?

I have tried some fixes I have found on the internet which were changing the P2P Enabled in the Launcher Settings from False to True, I have also tried disabling Bitraider and lastly I have also Paused the download for a few minutes and restarted it and nothing I have done has changed the speed. I also play WOW and when I have a patch on that game it downloads at a minimum of 1 MBPS. I cant remember the last time I saw a download speed this low.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

I downloaded it 16 hours before it went live and speeds from bioware servers were 14.8MB/s ( 118,4 Mbit/s ).

But maybe back then servers were not so busy as they are now.

:cool:

My internet connection is: 120Mbit/10Mbit

It's cable connection DOCSIS 3.0

I don't use a router but a server with Windows Server 2012 R2 for "routing"

All of my local network is 1 gigabit

Edited by -Spc

Don't feel bad. I'm in California. Our internet speed is pretty good. This patch speed is not. I started at 9:45am pacific time, and it's now 2:35am and my lovely gaming computer still hasn't finished downloading and installing. It's worse than ridiculous.

I've been downloading for nearly 24 hours straight now and I've still got 4GB to go - i just went to speedtest.net and got 33Mbit download speed - so my connection is ok ... every minute or so the launcher claims it has gotten a download speed of 160KB/s for 10-15 seconds but then the speed just drops off to nearly zero and then spends the rest of the minute hanging around 50KB/s :(

Brisbane, Telstra Bigpond Cable

Same here, im in Canberra... its been patching for 2 days with 3.5GB left... so much for 'early access'

Avg of 30KB/s, sometimes drops to 3KB/s or lower or peaks at 60KB/s for a few seconds

Can download steam games at a minimum of 1MB/s and patch GW2 at the same speed.... only get this for the SWTOR launcher

Im not to sure what my download speed was. i Started DLing the patch when i went to bed 10:30 lastnight. It was all done when i woke up for work at 6:00am today.

Im in Western Sydney

ISP - TPG ADSL 2

Maybe the servers were overloaded when you started DLing the patch, maybe

I'm in Canberra, it took me 17 hours to download but I've been stuck on 98.98% for hours I've finished 2 starting planets waiting for it to finish the last .02% I've tried restarting pc and swtor. It just won't dl the last .02 so i can play on my characters that are past the starting planets.

without knowing the internet speeds you all have 50 kbs is actually a sad possibility. I know a friend of mine from australia that plays this game on the west coast servers with ping fluctuations of 300-1000. But he doesnt actually have that bad of an internet connection.

yep, same old story my end. I'm in Connecticut. normally have amazing download speed and i have a pretty darn hardcore gaming computer and 16 hours in, i'm maybe 20% in. . .

they should most certainly give us a few free days game time for this.

who uses bloody Bitraider?!

I've determined that it is indeed an issue with Bioware's servers as when I tried downloading what my launcher was downloading manually (through logs), it still had ridiculous download speeds.

"3 Hours Left for 1.7gb"

~Google Chrome 2015

I'm in North America, so maybe it is more location based, I downloaded and installed the patch in 1 hour and 30 minutes. It would of been faster but I was streaming a movie off netflix at the same time to pass the time. I just wanted to post this since most of the other posts are about how long it took.

I'm in Australia and also experiencing ridiculously slow speeds, around 80KB/s, while I can download things through Steam at 1.3MB/s, so about 1/15th my normal download speed.

Same here bro... this is terrible. I've missed out on like 4 days of sub.

• 2 months later...
I am in Northern NSW Australia and am having the same issue. Speeds of between 20k to 150k. This is so unfair on those who subscribe for this game. It will take at least 2 days at this rate. That's 2 days of wasted subscription time!! I am not even using Bitraider!! :(

Beginning to regret having decided to subscribe. Been trying to D/L this game since yesterday (USA), but despite my 18Mbps connection (and a fresh install attempt and a few reboots) it's only made it to about 55% (only increased about 30% in the last 7 hours). Looks like I'm going to miss my window to be able to play with my sons while we're all off work for the holidays. Hopefully this nonsense will at least be finished by this weekend, but it certainly doesn't give me a warm fuzzy for wanting to play this for any length of time.