Bring 12XP Story Back Please!

peanutsofdoom

I'm a returning player who was never really into swtor when it came out. There was way too much grind for my liking, I just wanted to experience the story. I had originally subbed and cancelled it out of frustration with not being able to progress in the story in a timely manner.

Recently, I got a marketing email that said you were returning to a story driven model. This appealed to me. I subbed a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised at how effective the 12X XP was at helping me do what I wanted to do - just play the story!

So today I logged in and started playing the character I've been playing - leveling now feels slow as molasses again. I'm having to play through all these (planetary?) missions and it feels distracting from the main story arc.

I was really starting to get into the game too... sad. I don't think I'll keep subbing if there's no story boost incentive. I don't want to waste my time killing womp rats. I'll be back when I get an email saying the XP is back in fashion :)

----

Update:

I've been playing for a couple days since posting this. It turns out that I might have been a bit harsh on the planetary story arcs. At the time of posting I'd just played through Hoth and found it to be not to my liking. The subsequent two planets were actually pretty fun. I did still find them to be a bit distracting from the main storyline, but not so badly that it deterred me from playing. I think I was just really into the Imperial Agent's story at the time I was on Hoth and found it distracting to have to grind through other missions to proceed. Someone in the thread gave the idea of playing PvP or Flashpoints to build XP inbetween major story play sessions - I like that idea and I'm going to try that out when I get the chance. I'll play through just the story missions on a planet and if I don't have enough xp at the end to proceed I can try out flashpoints / whatever to build xp. Would that work? My overall plan is to take this character all the way to the new expansion and probably not play a new character until they rebalance the xp again. If they ever bring it back maybe I'll power through another storyline to see what happens, because so far I've been super impressed by the main story of the imperial agent and I'm really curious how the others compare. I also want to say thanks to Bioware for pulling off massive star wars awesomeness on a massive scale. It's super impressive. I have no idea how they pulled this off. Especially with voice acting for all of it. This has to qualify as the deepest single delve into the star wars universe to date, no? It boggles the mind. Being able to play through the stories without grinding makes it like super KoTor, which is great! It feels like a good time to get into this with the movie coming out. It's a Star Wars holiday seasoon, baby!!

Edited by peanutsofdoom

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had the 12x promotion for over 6 months. Your quest story line is still higher in experience than it was just not as much. Also being a sub keep in mind next tues you can just make a level 60 toon and run with that through the new content.

Why not keep the 12xp going for the main quest line only and keep it on par with the earlier promotion? Very, very enjoyable experience. I'm sure many folks would jump on a cartel token that would permit this. Or even the idea of making it a perk for being a subscriber. At least to level 55. I see more upside than downside with such a feature.

They had the 12x promotion for over 6 months. Your quest story line is still higher in experience than it was just not as much. Also being a sub keep in mind next tues you can just make a level 60 toon and run with that through the new content.

Hopefully the current increase for story exp will allow you to keep up with the story, rather than be level 30 doing level 20 quests.

Yeah but I actually want to play the stories. I'm finding the imperial agent story to be really entertaining. That is, I was finding it entertaining until I started having to do these planetary quests to keep up. Not even sure if I am keeping up.

Side note - seems like the new healing companion abilities are making fights sooo much easier. Doesn't solve the boring problem but maybe I don't need to be the recommended level to keep up, so maybe I'll just skip some of these pesky quests.

I'm a returning player myself, been back about a month, do I regret not hearing about the 12xp sooner, yes, but what can I do about it? Not the worst thing in the world with the new streamlined leveling anyway, all you have to do now is take the 6x xp from both class and main planetary missions, no side quests or anything, and you'll be level appropriate. Combine that with some minor xp boosts popped at the right times and it's even faster.

I'm a returning player myself, been back about a month, do I regret not hearing about the 12xp sooner, yes, but what can I do about it? Not the worst thing in the world with the new streamlined leveling anyway, all you have to do now is take the 6x xp from both class and main planetary missions, no side quests or anything, and you'll be level appropriate. Combine that with some minor xp boosts popped at the right times and it's even faster.

I wish I'd have heard of it earlier too, or maybe if I'd just realized what it meant for gameplay. Is it 6x XP now? I couldn't find details. It didn't seem like it. Missions that were giving 120,000ish xp are now giving 20,000ish ... hmmm math... does that add up? Shouldn't they be giving 60,000 if it were half of the previous bonus? I could live with that. But as it is it feels like going from a racecar to a snail.

I pretty much subscribed for this so I could play the story only cause I dont have the time to constantly do little quests between real life responsibilities. They definitely need to bring this back or make it purchasable! Or they have lost a subscriber! Edited by iamcanadianeh

Why was this suddenly removed? I started playing the game like 2 weeks ago and bought subscription for x12 story experience. I am not the least bit interested in doing the same retarded missions again when playing another character's story.

Pick a different class..... different class, different missions.

I pretty much subscribed for this so I could play the story only cause I dont have the time to constantly do little quests between real life responsibilities. They definitely need to bring this back or make it purchasable! Or they have lost a subscriber!

As others have pointed out it wasn't sudden, it was on for about 6 months, it's not SWTOR's fault we only found out about it at the end. Also, they said plainly it was ending yesterday. And so it did.

They are adding an "easy button" just buy a level 60 toon when they soon offer them for cartel coins.

Pick a different class..... different class, different missions.

Aren't only the class missions different? There is no way doing only class missions will be enough to level properly now unless I'm missing something. Why would they remove 12x class story when they added the option to buy lvl 60s? Makes no sense whatsoever. I don't want to buy a 60, I want to see the stories for all classes without spending a month on each class.

Aren't only the class missions different? There is no way doing only class missions will be enough to level properly now unless I'm missing something. Why would they remove 12x class story when they added the option to buy lvl 60s? Makes no sense whatsoever. I don't want to buy a 60, I want to see the stories for all classes without spending a month on each class.

Class plus the "main planetary" storyline, they will have different symbols/colors, I haven't played yet, been sorting out my storage like a madman. But back when they did the live chat on it that's how it was described. 6x xp for class 6x xp for planet and that should be enough to keep you leveled for the next planet, no need to grind between with every mission on every planet, like it used to be.

Third planetary mission in a row that's [planetary base] is under attack by [native creature] of [planet] please help us by [killing them / doing something with a power core / scanning an area].

How is this necessary for me to understand the swtor backstory? I'm bored!

Third planetary mission in a row that's [planetary base] is under attack by [native creature] of [planet] please help us by [killing them / doing something with a power core / scanning an area].

How is this necessary for me to understand the swtor backstory? I'm bored!

They just want you to experience more than just the class content. I mean there is a lot of content out there, if you don't want to do the planetary missions, don't. Just grind on mobs till you are level appropriate for the next planet, but running through the planetary mission would be a lot less time and trouble.

As others have pointed out it wasn't sudden, it was on for about 6 months, it's not SWTOR's fault we only found out about it at the end. Also, they said plainly it was ending yesterday. And so it did.

They are adding an "easy button" just buy a level 60 toon when they soon offer them for cartel coins.

I understand its not their fault but im hoping bringing light to this issue may let the devs know to bring it back and make it optional when u make a new character to select if u want to have 12x on or off. Its not just about going straight to 60 I WANT TO PLAY THE STORY! not fiddle around with a bunch of useless side quests. I got the game for the story so they should let the people who want to play just the story play it!

How much slower is it actually compared to the 12x exp? Is this guy blowing it out of proportion?

It's too slow. Playing the same planetary storyline four times just to see different class stories is boring. 12xp was removed to pad out the gaming experience to keep players around longer.