Various Launch/Crash Errors

Hearst

Alright, so I downloaded the new expansion, played for hours without a problem until I reached Chapter IX and the new 'Alliance' mode or whatever it is. I was running around the base and randomly crashed. From there, every time I relogged into the launcher and hit Play, nothing would happen. The game simply would not launch, tried repeatedly.

I rebooted and tried again. This time, the game launched BUT it says that I'm in Quick Play Mode where the game is still downloading in the background as if it isn't installed at all. It gets stuck on 0.0% and no progress occurs. I've tried to launch multiple times and I'm still stuck, unable to play any of my characters.

EDIT: picture of the Quick Play bug for reference http://i.imgur.com/Bh5BjMq.jpg

Edited by Hearst

I have a similar problem. Updated to 4.0, played for ~2 hours ... now the launcher just crashes after I hit "play"

update #1 - did launch at about the 10th time, but it got me into the quick play mode and that's stuck as 0.00%

update #2 - tried to run the launcher as an admin but that didn't help (didn't crash but still in the quick play mode)

Edited by Thanatus
update #1

Same problem. The launch immediately after downloading let me through to the character selection screen, but it was in quick play mode. Quit the game to try again. This time, click Play after logging in just closed the game. No error message. Restarted computer with no luck. Running Windows 10.

I was hopeful that this http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729911 was going to work for me as I am running the streaming (ST) version and seemed like it should have been the issue. I continue to receive that the "intialization has had an Unknown Error occur and requires a restart of the game client" which is what I get when restart it everytime. As of yet I am unable to login at all and the stinking patch took all day to get. color my frustrated.