Missing Abilites

DarthMattress

When I started Chapter 1: The Hunt, my character was missing a significant amount of their abilities. I tried respecing while in the instance to see if any would return, but it will not allow my to commit my utility points. They do return upon leaving, but when I attempt to do the story again, they disappear again.

When I started Chapter 1: The Hunt, my character was missing a significant amount of their abilities. I tried respecing while in the instance to see if any would return, but it will not allow my to commit my utility points. They do return upon leaving, but when I attempt to do the story again, they disappear again.

some abilities are replaced, thrash for voltaic slash in the deception discipline for example

Edited by meddani

I'm not 100% sure, but when new patches come out that affect abilities, doesn't it reset all affected ones? To get them retrained go to your class trainer and they should be there for ranking up again, and once you rank up to your current level I think you can reassign utility points as well (those were affected in this patch as well).

The reason they do that I believe is to make sure you read what the changed abilities do so you are not 100% caught off-guard by the change (though many impatient rage posters prove that this doesn't work 100%, as they don't read the patch notes or even minimally the tooltips of affected abilities/utilities, and instead rage at how Bioware and/or EA is out to "get them" and "ruin their life" and "steal their money")

I tired that as well, I went as far as respecing while in the instance to see if I could get some of abilities back, but wouldn't let me commit the points to finish the respec. It only happens while I am in the story. Once I leave all my abilities return, but the story is unplayable at the moment, unless I feel like doing it on hard mode, with only rifle shot, overload shot, and veiled strike.