Why did they do it. A ranting question.

devillemore

Why did they make your base skills higher to obtain rather then just adding new skills for the higher levels?

Why they remove the ability to build your companions stats the way you want them? I mean yeah its great and all they level up when you do. But Honestly what if I wanted to have my companion to be pure speed and low damage so they do not draw too much hate but stack status effects. What if I want them to crit allot and often. What if I want to change them to the way I want / need them rather then just a generic 3 rolls with no adaptability to the roles.

With that being said if they did it so you can dress up your companion why not just add Outfit options like you do for the main character instead. Its a bit jacked I cant make my companion into what I like Like i used to be able to just because some people feel like gear is hard to come by when its not.

I spent allot of time and effort into making my companions just as unique as I am. but now with the changes i feel they are just generic back ground characters and not as much as a companion as a pet.

I feel like they added shiny new things but at the same time they just got a little lazy. Your old 50-55 skills are now in their late 60's. Your companions are Diverse as in having 3 classes of their own but loose their customization in their usefulness.

Sorry for the rant... But my question is... Why not expand the old rather then completely forgetting ?t. It kinda makes it feel like my accomplishments mean nothing more then a "Back in my day..." reference rather then "Oh wow now I can do this even better"

Again sorry for ranting... And don't hold back. Let loose your flames of hate because I know allot of you are not going to care about the simple things just the shiny stuff. I also hope to see some good comments are arguments about this because honestly if some one does not say it and we all just mumble it under our breath nothing will get better.

Ye, having 24% crit instead 22% makes your companion TOTALLY UNIQUE.

The fact of the matter is. I have no say in how my companion does its job. Used to be able to have a little say in the matter. but all you can do now is choose what generic role they will take with no say on how they preform in that role.

Edited by devillemore

bw is turning this game from an rpg to an action game where all characters are the same and you just walk between cutscenes. swtor is undergoing a dumbification.

enjoy paying a subscription for minor solo quest updates and zero endgame repeatable content

Edited by Pagy

The change to companions is the one truly great thing about the changes I have seen. No more having to play with Doc or Treek all the time on my JK. And finally no more having to spend loads of cash gearing up my companions. No more dealing with stupid item armorings and mods. Min maxing of stats is so freaking boring I could not care less if they removed stats at all. Armor should just be looks if it was up to me.

bw is turning this game from an rpg to an action game where all characters are the same and you just walk between cutscenes. swtor is undergoing a dumbification.

enjoy paying a subscription for minor solo quest updates and zero endgame repeatable content

I know. its sad that it has turned into a run mill single player MMO.

The fact of the matter is. I have no say in how my companion does its job. Used to be able to have a little say in the matter. but all you can do now is choose what generic role they will take with no say on how they preform in that role.

You have, collect more presence/influence and it will do better. As it should have been from the start.

Edited by Mikahrtwo

The change to companions is the one truly great thing about the changes I have seen. No more having to play with Doc or Treek all the time on my JK. And finally no more having to spend loads of cash gearing up my companions. No more dealing with stupid item armorings and mods. Min maxing of stats is so freaking boring I could not care less if they removed stats at all. Armor should just be looks if it was up to me.

I don't mind the 3 generic roles but loosing the ability to customize them as much as my main character just means they are a generic pet not a companion.

Nope, its turnng into actual RPG after its detor to "we must be like WoW or else"

You wanting SWTOR to be Diablo/WoW like gear grinder didnt make the game better because neither Diablo or WoW are RPGs and never were and those who want to playe those - *shocker* already play those (though there are less and less of them)

Edited by Mikahrtwo

It's also weird how they prioritize. They take away companion gear, stances and a couple of abilities and make all companions identical. Then they add a bunch of cross-profession requirements to crafting so that to create items you either have to bounce back and forth to the GTN or have a bunch of crafting alts.

I seriously wish it would be the other way around. Put the micromanagement+planning in how you use your items, not in how you create them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.