Did we get nerfed?

Bladedarkman

no, they did not mention the 15% nerf to blade dance/master strike in the patch notes. im actually quite upset about that, guardians are currently the 2nd lowest on the dps meters atm or so ive been told thanks the 15% they took off master strike. for those that dont know, in a good parse guardians do about 35-40% of their damage as master strike damage. the total 9% dot boost they are giving does not make up for huge blade dance nerf. unfortunately were going to be underpowered for a while, until bioware realizes what they have done.

There are plenty more class changes that did NOT make it onto the OFFICIAL patch notes...

What it seems they did was, hype every one up with these new passives thinking we are getting buffed by them which we are but then they nerf us in other places.

We deserve to know why these class changes where never Officially Posted, at the very least now that we know they did them they should put out a complete list.

Did deafening defense give a 60% DR against AOE's previously? I don't think so, so at least got something back. But a real pity about Ravager.

I would really love a list of all the changes they have made, things are quite different.

Guardians Jugs received massive and unjustified nerfs. I think they are going to be one of the lowest parsing classes now. Apart from extra aoe DR from aoe taunt and a blade storm crit stack, the arpen from Shii cho tri got massively reduced. Plasma Brand damage got a huge nerf - at level 65 in appropriate gear it deals almost the same amount of damage as in best in slot in 3.0, meaning it is no longer your best hitting ability. Critical chance for Vigilant Thrust got greatly lowered, worsening the aoe potential of jugs and of course Ravage's damage got a huge hit.

Meanwhile sorcs and assaassins get teleports...

Vengeance doesn't benefit from new utilities whatsoever so I don't udnerstand why such hard nerf.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Im looking forward to some justification. Surely they intend to release notes regarding

these "ninja nerfs". All classes received a nerf in some form but with juggs/guardian our

primary damage move Ravage/BD just got wrecked.

Maybe they"ll justify it because of our survivalbility as a dps class but then again you

got shadows/sins which may even outdps us in pve now and teleport!

Im looking forward to some justification. Surely they intend to release notes regarding these "ninja nerfs"!

I wouldn't hold my breath. They did things like that in the past too. Fixing Saber Reflect without mentioning it in the patch nots for example.

Here's my take. Base numbers have been reduced for some abilities, that's true, but the crit chance is stupidly high now, so you will probably parse higher in spite of that.

I don't know how it's gonna be, but I'd wait til you are fully geared and parse before coming to a judgement.

Here's my take. Base numbers have been reduced for some abilities, that's true, but the crit chance is stupidly high now, so you will probably parse higher in spite of that.

I don't know how it's gonna be, but I'd wait til you are fully geared and parse before coming to a judgement.

Yeah, there is also crit increasing the damage of auto-crit abilities now, which I have a feeling will be very nice for Focus/Rage.

Jugs are hitting like trucks now. Imagine a peterbuilt slamming into a mannequin at 100 m/ph.

You all need to relax. :rak_03:

Yeah from what I've seen that seems to be the case. Pretty much every class that needed accuracy got a buff compared to other classes too.

The nerfs are substantial, the coefficient nerfs are there and in PVE it's highly noticeable. Every spec without coefficient nerfs is DOMINATING (AP PT, Carnage, Infiltration, etc) are wrecking shop in raids, you just haven't heard from infil and serenity cause no one plays it. However analysis of tooltips and ratios show that they haven't been changed besides buffs. Vengeance, Focus, and IO definitely have been changed, but since I'm not like a dev, I can't tell for any other specs that I don't play or know people who do play.

no, they did not mention the 15% nerf to blade dance/master strike in the patch notes. im actually quite upset about that, guardians are currently the 2nd lowest on the dps meters atm or so ive been told thanks the 15% they took off master strike. for those that dont know, in a good parse guardians do about 35-40% of their damage as master strike damage. the total 9% dot boost they are giving does not make up for huge blade dance nerf. unfortunately were going to be underpowered for a while, until bioware realizes what they have done.

Never, EVER has ravage/master strike(blade dance) been that much of our total damage in a parse, before 3.0 it was 24-28% with the 8% damage increase with the SB, but the SB after 3.0 takes that away, and it became 21-23% of our total parse damage, the dot boost was needed, and in 4.0 this is a FLAT dps INCREASE for jugs/guardians. and don't judge a player by what the parse numbers are anyways, we were practically bottom of the barrel last tier and plenty of people still cleared content with them

once again "pick the player, not the class"

Never, EVER has ravage/master strike(blade dance) been that much of our total damage in a parse, before 3.0 it was 24-28% with the 8% damage increase with the SB, but the SB after 3.0 takes that away, and it became 21-23% of our total parse damage, the dot boost was needed, and in 4.0 this is a FLAT dps INCREASE for jugs/guardians. and don't judge a player by what the parse numbers are anyways, we were practically bottom of the barrel last tier and plenty of people still cleared content with them

once again "pick the player, not the class"

It's a flat dps boost due to crit changes and gear.

They nerfed us in some ways and buffed us in others. Other classes got literally straight buffs AND THEY WERE DOING GOOD DAMAGE TO BEGIN WITH.

Carnage Mara and AP PT were both doing competitive damage in 3.0, better than Vengeance. They both got a buff, and no nerfs. That's the problem.

The nerfs are substantial, the coefficient nerfs are there and in PVE it's highly noticeable. Every spec without coefficient nerfs is DOMINATING (AP PT, Carnage, Infiltration, etc) are wrecking shop in raids, you just haven't heard from infil and serenity cause no one plays it. However analysis of tooltips and ratios show that they haven't been changed besides buffs. Vengeance, Focus, and IO definitely have been changed, but since I'm not like a dev, I can't tell for any other specs that I don't play or know people who do play.

You know a Fury Juggernaut can crit for like 25k right? Just like the other burst specs?

You can crit 25k in PVE?

I think its still too early to tell how we are doing compared to other classes.

I geared up 216s and 220 MH seems to be doing decent dmg

id say we cant say anything yet until you have the new 6 piece, with the crit changes and the new 4 piece bonus, that should be a pretty big boost, I just got my last set piece last night and will parse today with results, im running about 1200 crit right now, but thinking I may add more

You can crit 25k in PVE?

I think its still too early to tell how we are doing compared to other classes.

I geared up 216s and 220 MH seems to be doing decent dmg

Atm Vigilance is one of the lowest single target sustained dummy parser. Rage is lower. Rage is great in PvP, though. Burst is real. Vengeance also does great in PvP when it comes to AoE. To me it looks more like a play style difference as both seem viable.

They need to unnerf the Plasma Brand for sustained single target damage, though! vigilance is very bad at it atm. Difference between top parsers (pt, sniper, marauder...) and vigilance is roughly 1k dps. That's a lot. Also nerf other classes.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

id say we cant say anything yet until you have the new 6 piece, with the crit changes and the new 4 piece bonus, that should be a pretty big boost, I just got my last set piece last night and will parse today with results, im running about 1200 crit right now, but thinking I may add more

Sounds good tell us how you go

I was thinking of running an alacrity build but maybe with the changes to crit

it might be a more viable to run heavy on crit

Sounds good tell us how you go

I was thinking of running an alacrity build but maybe with the changes to crit

it might be a more viable to run heavy on crit

Well I added another 250 crit which puts me at 1450, and 5 alacrity augments (365) with the new SB, I did one parse before raid because that's all I had time for, and I hit 5700, the APM was a bit low with alacrity but the crit was there, 50% on the parse, I only have the 216mh right now, I probably won't parse more until I have the 224 though