Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So, how long is the game taking you to load?

Redfoxmagi

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuck at 75 percent for hours and at 512 kbs the whole time even know i should be on 3-6 mbs min.

......... no idea whats going on

My launcher always says 512. However, it actually downloads at a faster rate than that when checking my overall data usage. So, that may be just a display thing.

...or EA is using our accumulated bandwidth to hack into financial records and mess with international markets.

Conspiracy? Who knows? :p

I'm at work so I can't start patching for another hour or so when I get home. What I'm wondering is for those of you with the really slow downloads on a fast connection; are you using the streaming client or the direct download client or do we have different people using both and it's just slow no matter what? Edited by corcode

Rrrgh, started the download about half an hour ago since I finally had some free time to do so. Opened the launcher, files were verified, organized etc. The installation went swimmingly up until about 50%, then it slowed to a crawl. I'm averaging about 1024KB/s, I'm lucky if one percent passes within the minute. Switching Peer2Peer to true didn't help, and I think it made things worse. :(

No idea why this is taking so long. I recall having this same problem with 3.3.2, except that was fixed with the new launcher. I hope I can play it today...

Edit: Now at 60%, this is gonna take forever.

Edited by GoneSouth

Literally from when the patch come on nearly 8 hours passed and I am still at 82.95%

Well done Bioware... this is what happens when you do not allow pre-load of an expansion , Blizzard was at this stage too years ago yet 1 year later they changed it to allow pre-load for expansion(not just this but even very large patches before they come out so that everyone can download them fast when they were released) in order for everyone to play the game at the same time.

I don't know if its EA or You guys(Bioware) that's making these decisions but I can say this with the absolute confidence:

This is most stupid idea anyone ever though. (was going to say something else too but my Brain worked fast and told me this "Bad idea to write that fingers, don't do it.")

I don't know why the client (Streaming Client aka "ST") has to reorganize the data every time the client starts and validate them before you play the game but its really annoying.

You guys need to work on this, although the chance of Bioware reading this is ridiculously low which tells me this "Give it up man... they wont listen... they never did".

Started out downloading at 1 Mb/s, then dropped down at some stage and showing 512 kb/s. Been downloading now for 7 hours, and at 70.11%.

Without the patch size, it a bit hard to judge how long this should be taking, or whether the download speed is accurate.

I will never understand the gaming industry. When something is found to work well (pre-downloading patch's) why not do it.

I honestly get the impression that most game companies seem to go out of their way to see how painful they can make it on their customers because they know 99% of them are going to keep paying and playing anyway. They must have an internal gaming industry contest to see who can cause the most spectacular player meltdown, hopefully captured on YouTube.

I will never understand the gaming industry. When something is found to work well (pre-downloading patch's) why not do it.

I honestly get the impression that most game companies seem to go out of their way to see how painful they can make it on their customers because they know 99% of them are going to keep paying and playing anyway. They must have an internal gaming industry contest to see who can cause the most spectacular player meltdown, hopefully captured on YouTube.

I believe the biggest problem is the fact that BIOWARE LET EA BUY THEM.

Bioware cant do as they want, because most decisions are influenced by EA.

Mass Effect Reapers = EA. this alone should explain everything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.