The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Final Trailer

Pirana

And have you seen how many people assume that Kylo=Luke? It's hilarious how they've did not any research on the actors before coming up with such theories.

I'm not surprised...I bet people are gonna miss the context in the movies too like they had done before, even if said context was shoved right in their faces....because apparently paying attention to context is hard.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touche. However, it doesn't diminish the truth that most stormtroopers are lousy shots.

No they aren't. That would make no sense. But here have a look see at this thread, it'll turn it around.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-stormtrooper-respect-thread-1680470/

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Stormtroopers have bad aim for plot convenience. Notice in the original movies, they almost always hit their target when it's not a main character.

They hit Leia and R2. Not kill shots but there ya go and they have taken down Luke and Han in the old EU too, so they have come out ontop against main characters, just not often. The movies alone though, the Stormtroopers gave Luke and co hell throughout.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

They hit Leia and R2. Not kill shots but there ya go and they have taken down Luke and Han in the old EU too, so they have come out ontop against main characters, just not often. The movies alone though, the Stormtroopers gave Luke and co hell throughout.

Sure, they hit those two, point blank, they missed the other targets, it's obvious in the opening scene of part IV, or did you not see that?

Old EU, toss it out.

Edited by Pirana

Sure, they hit those two, point blank, they missed the other targets, it's obvious in the opening scene of part IV, or did you not see that?

Old EU, toss it out.

Opening scene where they rolled over the Rebel force, forcing them to retreat multiple times and later had them surrender? The Rebels missed too ya know, and those shots were hardly point blank when they hit Leia and R2. One of them which the Scout had to divide his attention while driving one handed on a fast moving speeder bike through a forest.

But anyway back to the topic at hand, don't wanna derail this thread anymore.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Opening scene where they rolled over the Rebel force, forcing them to retreat multiple times and later had them surrender? The Rebels missed too ya know, and those shots were hardly point blank when they hit Leia and R2. One of them which the Scout had to divide his attention while driving one handed on a fast moving speeder bike through a forest.

But anyway back to the topic at hand, don't wanna derail this thread anymore.

Derail away...

What do the Rebels and their shooting have to do with the Stormtroopers poor shooting? Nothing. You seem to be under the influence that the Stormtroopers are crafty with their weapons, which they're not. They're average marksmen in a questionable opening script. Not to mention a plethora of other times throughout those movies. The 'bad guys' have to miss, that's how it was scripted.

Edited by Pirana

Derail away...

What do the Rebels and their shooting have to do with the Stormtroopers poor shooting? Nothing. You seem to be under the influence that the Stormtroopers are crafty with their weapons, which they're not. They're average marksmen in a questionable opening script. Not to mention a plethora of other times throughout those movies. The 'bad guys' have to miss, that's how it was scripted.

By just movies alone? I don't think they are just average if you go by more than just the opening scene, the speeder shot would have to have more than just average shooting and they were noted as better shots than Sand People.

The other instances of them the Death Star for example was merely an act, considering killing Luke and co wouldn't have led them to the Rebel base which the Empire was trying to find, which Tarkin and Leia both noted.

I am under the influence that they are great marksmen including Legends, but you seem to disregard that, which is fine, fair enough considering it's not canon anymore. But that's what I was going from.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

By just movies alone? I don't think they are just average if you go by more than just the opening scene, the speeder shot would have to have more than just average shooting and they were noted as better shots than Sand People.

The other instances of them the Death Star for example was merely an act, considering killing Luke and co wouldn't have led them to the Rebel base which the Empire was trying to find, which Tarkin and Leia both noted.

I am under the influence that they are great marksmen including Legends, but you seem to disregard that, which is fine, fair enough considering it's not canon anymore. But that's what I was going from.

Irrelevant.

You said they were average, I said they weren't, if anything above average alright? So don't see how that's irrelevant.

You're debating something that is now irrelevant, this is not hard to understand.

fair enough considering it's not canon anymore. But that's what I was going from.