The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More Swords

Swords have always had a decent presence in the Old Republic era, and I feel that many of them would make great cartel items, complementing many of the already-existing armor sets wonderfully. In particular, there are a number of swords that would fit right in:

Beskad- Mandalorian sword, made of Mandalorian Iron, and the weapon I can only presume are what Torch's Mandalorians, most notably Jos Beroya, are meant to be wielding. Plus, since there are enemies that already have them, I don't think they'd require a new model.

Naga Sadow's Sword- Aside from complimenting his robes, it's got a stylish design.

Ludo Kressh's War Sword- While it appeared in KOTOR II as a double bladed weapon, I'd prefer that it instead take its comic appearance as a single-bladed weapon with an elaborate green hilt.

Sword of Ajunta Pall- A sword so legendary it used to have its own SWTOR server named after it. This I'd like to retain its status as a double-edged weapon (thus fulfilling the role of electrostaff instead of vibrosword), and based on its item descriptions in KOTOR- possessing a notched ebony-colored blade and with a dark circle on the hilt- rather than the relatively generic model it got in KOTOR.

Je'daii Blade- I imagine an ancient, lore-relevant (given the Jedi's resettlement of Tython) katana would make for a pretty decent addition into the game, for both Jedi/Je'daii lore enthusiasts and those who simply want katanas.

Any other sword suggestions?

Melee weapon models in this game have been utterly abominably Elder Scrolls/Final Fantasy/WoW-oriented, we need more Kotor weapon models, as well as those others the OP posted. What I wouldn't give for a proper Sith sword to replace the Cathar honour sword.

Especially, this one: Sith Tremor Sword

While not exactly on topic, I wouldn't say no to Kotor blaster models, either.

Edited by sentientomega

yes more sword like swords not those huge FF looking ones they have. The stuff on Manaan isn't bad and the Cathar sword staff and sword were great, but they never followed up with anything like them for other stuff. They need a more swords type weapons

OMG IF I COULD GET NAGA SADOW'S SITH WARBLADE I WOULD *** (in a totally non-nerd way)!!!!

That being said, Bioware would definietly either:

A) Completely half-*** it and give us dumbed-down, lame versions,

or

B) Put their own usual, unnecessary, unwanted, terrible spin on them,

and in both scenarios basically ruining potentially awesome, lore- heavy weapons.

• 2 months later...