Launcher auto updating the game like steam?

Kardinal_Woelki

Hey, does the launcher auto update the game as soon as a new update is available after it already checked whether the game is ready? My Internet is pretty slow. I want 4.0 to download while I'm in school so I can start playing as soon as I come home. Unfortunately I have to leave prior to the release time :(

They could take a hint from the folks at Cryptic. When a major content push is about to happen (Tuesday for them as well) they have the launcher automagically launch when you exit the client, and start the download of the assets coming in the new push. This allows the players to already have the bulk of the data downloaded. As it stands, I will likely not be able to play Tuesday, because I leave before the downtime begins, and return long after it is supposed to end. The whole process of verification, then downloading, then installing is abysmally slow. I expect to rent a couple movies from Redbox that night, because the patch process bogs down my system so bad, I can't even play solitaire.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.