The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

keybinding shoulder cannons

Kenjer

Curious how people keybind shoulder cannons. The point is obviously to spam them during the burst window, but spamming shoulder cannon while hitting the other abilities as well always feels awkward to me, and i inevitably either don't do SC as fast as i can, or miss a GC on other abilities.

I"m curious how other people have it set up, or if i am missing something obvious. This isn't my main class, but I've never had this sort of keybinding issue on any other class.

I have a 20 button mouse configuration and 12 of those buttons are on the left side of a right handed mouse that i can control with my thumb. Also those 12 buttons has 3 different stages so i can have 12 bindings on one stage, 12 on another and if needed 12 on the last stage. So my Cannons be on thumb button 8, main stage.....

Razer Naga is a PT's best friend. I use shift + numpad 3 on my Naga. 3 is bound to my Mag Blast so my muscles are already used to spamming it and shift is one of the easiest modifier keys to work into a rotation. Shift + Naga numpad 3 during each GCD. Also one of my tactics when kiting, so easy. MB, SC, MB, SC etc... Bring a bucket to catch all your target's tears.

My suggestion to you would be to simply use shift + whatever button you're already used to spamming. You don't have to think about it and you have the entire GCD to barely move your pinky or ring finger (I'd say pinky if you are accustomed to the typical WASD movement).

It's also worth your time to sit at a Training Dummy and get the rhythm down. Count in your head if you need to, like you're keeping in time with a song.

Edited by SlyDeathTrap

I just have it keybound to '9' so nothing weird. So if I'm doing SS > SC > AP > SC > TS > SC > HiB > SC or whatever as Tactics I"m hitting the following keybinds on my G600 with my thumb:

5 > 9 > 3 > 9 > 2 > 9 > 6 > 9

With a 1.4ish GCD (with alacrity) I don't have trouble missing GCDs at all and just fit SCs in between GCDs.

Edited by bdatt