Game won't start, freezes before server selection screen.

Tjalfes

Hi there

I have been unable to get the game to start The launcher starts up ok and I'm able to log into the launcher,

but when I hit PLAY, the game begins to start up but stops before it loads the server / character selection screen.

the little blue wheel in the bottom right corner rotate for a few seconds , then it stops and swtor is "not responding",

I have tried to let the game sit at that point for more than one hour just to see if it would continue, but no luck.

To me this seems like the game cant connect to the server selection server, or whatever it is it connects to for character selection.

Ideas or suggestions are welcome

EDIT:

After repairing the launcher for the x time I suddenly got the old launcher and was then able to repair the game,

there was 11 or so files needing repairs, after this I'm able to log in again.

or maybe just posting here scared the goblin away ;)

Close or delete or what you mods use to do. :)

Edited by Tjalfes

I too am experiencing this issue. It began when they updated the login launcher a couple weeks ago.

I will randomly get one of two problems:

A. Attempting to login will get me "Login Service is Unavailable"

B. I login successfully, but get the forever load screen with the spinning cogs in the bottom right corner

This is beginning to become annoying and rather tiresome. I, like many other players, have a number things I am trying to accomplish prior to the big expansion on Tuesday.

BW really needs to find a proper solution to this issue ASAP.