Add Faction Bosses to Worlds

Chicktopus

The idea behind this is to alter the existing worlds to feel more alive. The 'bosses' to which I refer would (story-wise) be high-ranking members of the Republic/Empire and would exist within bases on particular planets.

For arguments sake, let's say one of these planets is Alderaan and the Imperial goal is to kill an Organa senator, Republics is to kill a Thul ambassador.

These two 'bosses' would reside in the Thul/Organa Houses respectively. Specifically, they would reside in a new extension at the back, protected by many guards. In order to kill these targets, each faction must amass an ops group to storm the opposing faction base.

The rewards could be numerous; planet-wide buffs for the successful faction, in addition to achievements and unique loot. It may even help towards conquest rewards. There would be weekly Heroic or Ops missions to kill one or more of these bosses, and an appropriate reward.

Edited by Chicktopus

Like conquest commanders?

Like conquest commanders are theoretically intended to be.

The suggestion states placing them deep inside the base. With the commanders most groups will tend to prefer having one tank lure just the commander over to the group waiting safely outside the base while another tank leads the base guards far enough away to reset them, then the commander is killed without having to fight anything else. This suggestion wants it to be absolutely mandatory that the invading group must enter the base and fight off the guards to reach the target.

Anyway, when I came into the topic I was kind of expecting something involving the scattered named gold or gold-silver enemies on every planet which are usually listed in achievements but are otherwise not used for anything in the game. I was expecting the idea to be about adding missions (soloable dailies/weeklies or even heroics) for targets like those.

Instead it really does just sound like adding new conquest commanders.

edit: On a sort of related tangent though, when playing some more characters through Makeb a few weeks ago to finish the planet on more characters (had apparently only done it once or twice when it was new) so I could do the staged weekly and get the achievements that are going away, I came across this NPC off to the side in Avesta Plantation (base for Republic). I was on a Republic character so I couldn't interact with her in any way. She's only there as something that Imperials could try to fight if they wanted to. From what I could tell, a group trying to reach her to fight her would need to either fight / run past Republic-aligned guards at two different bridges or sneak around the guards by going through a heroic area, and then there's a patrolling group of guards along the road in Avesta that they'd have to fight or sneak around as well. You really have to go out of your way to fight her.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

Anyway, when I came into the topic I was kind of expecting something involving the scattered named gold or gold-silver enemies on every planet which are usually listed in achievements but are otherwise not used for anything in the game. I was expecting the idea to be about adding missions (soloable dailies/weeklies or even heroics) for targets like those.

Actually, this was a part of the idea, but I forgot to tack it on when I was getting the ideas down! I've edited the original post.