The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

By the movies, how are Clones better than Stormtroopers?

Wolfninjajedi

Amusing right? How everyone rags on the Stormtroopers, saying they are 'terrible'(surprise they aren't) yet....EP 2 and 3....what did the Clones show that would make them better than the Stormtroopers?

All the Clones showed was....overwhelming firepower....let's go through that again, this time with gifs!

Over

Whelming

Firepower

I literally saw nothing else that the Clones did other than this, they met head to head with the droids in straight mass battles.

So let's look at the other side...the Stormtroopers...now what did they show?

Door breaching

Overwhelming firepower

H2H combat(this mostly implied, but still Han did fight the Scout Trooper.)

Squad Stealth Tactics 50:30-50:50

Accurate

Aiming

Shots

===

Yet people believe Clones are superior because.....why? Because what, they were the good guys? By showings, the Stormtroopers have the superior feats of....well everything. The Clones showed nothing that the Stormtroopers wouldn't be able to replicate....

I just find it incredibly funny how people think Clones are better by the movies, because....of reasons that aren't even there, they just expect they are.

Before someone brings up the DS incident for like...the 100th time. I'm gonna remind again, that Luke and co were let go so the Empire could find the hidden Rebel base...ya know the thing they were searching for.

Battle of Endor, i'll note again, the Empire was actually winning up until Chewie hijacked the AT-ST. The movie Clones would fair no better in fact probably worse given their showings.

Now before someone brings up TCW, again I mean by JUST THE MOVIES! JUST THE MOVIES ALONE! NOTHING ELSE!

Don't even get me started on TIE pilots vs Clone pilots, the TIE pilots would completely annihilate the Clone ones.

The Empire also showed greater tactical minds in the forms of Vader, Veers and Piett....the Clones had.....Cody? Who did....what?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Amusing right? How everyone rags on the Stormtroopers, saying they are 'terrible'(surprise they aren't)

I'm not sure who "everyone" is. Stormtroopers are very popular with fans in my experience, and their failures are understood by all the people I've talked to as functions of the plot.

This is primarily your issue.

yet....EP 2 and 3....what did the Clones show that would make them better than the Stormtroopers?

Defeated a droid army in what was one of the largest wars in galactic history and wiped out the Jedi Order.

And yes, that's in the movies.

Compared to the Stormtroopers who due to "overwhelming" firepower (remember they were in the belly of Darth Vader's Star Destroyer?) board the Tantive IV wipe out its crew and catch Princess Leia.

It's a competent showing, as it should be.

They kill some jawas - not impressive.

Lose Skywalker, Han, and Obi Wan on Tatooine.

Lose the Battle of Yavin IV.

Win the Battle of Hoth due to overwhelming odds and superior equipment. GG Snow Troopers.

Fail to stop the heroes from escaping cloud city.

Fail to stop the Rebels and Ewoks on Endor.

Ewoks are hardcore, warlike, physically dangerous, and have siege weapons. So it's understandable.

All the Clones showed was....overwhelming firepower

Either you don't understand what overwhelming means, or you're exaggerating to make your point.

Geonosis was one of the Separatist strongholds - full of droid factories - and the numbers advantage was against the Clones. If there was overwhelming firepower, it was against the clones, not on their side.

That's common sense.

I literally saw nothing else that the Clones did other than this, they met head to head with the droids in straight mass battles.

You don't want to, because it undermines and hurts your case.

Let's look at this statement on its face though:

they (Clones) met head to head with the droids in straight mass battles.

Yeah. They were soldiers created for war, and they won.

The Clones made it possible for Palpatine to conquer the galaxy and create the Empire.

They fought mass battles because they fought the Clone Wars. There were no mass battles on that scale for the Stormtroopers to fight.

The battles of Yavin IV, Hoth, and Endor were all massively stacked numerically in the Empire's favor.

I'll point out now that 2 of the 3 they lost. Again, storytelling.

So let's look at the other side...the Stormtroopers...now what did they show?

Door breaching

Overwhelming firepower

Ugh. Yeah, they're inside the belly of Darth Vader's star destroyer and they have the numerical advantage decisively. It's be sad if they couldn't board a rebel ship effectively.

And it's still cool for Stormtroopers.

H2H combat(this mostly implied, but still Han did fight the Scout Trooper.)

Squad Stealth Tactics 50:30-50:44

Accurate

Aiming

Shots

All those examples you gave from Jedi are a joke. They're a few second snippets here and there, of the the filmmakers giving the bad guys just enough competence to make the movies exciting.

Alternatively, they're all from the Battle of Endor which was the most costly loss in the Empire's history. Although one could argue it was mostly due to Palpatine.

Either way, those examples don't make your case.

Yet people believe Clones are superior because.....why?

Real life reasons - they're good guys and the plot requires them to be more competent and to win.

In movie reasons are simple as well. The Clones win the Battle of Geonosis, kill thousands of Jedi, win the Battles of Utapau, Coruscant, and Kashyyk, and the Clone Wars themselves.

By showings, the Stormtroopers have the superior feats of....well everything. The Clones showed nothing that the Stormtroopers wouldn't be able to replicate....

Uh...no.

I just find it incredibly funny how people think Clones are better by the movies, because....of reasons that aren't even there, they just expect they are.

:rolleyes:

Battle of Endor, i'll note again, the Empire was actually winning up until Chewie hijacked the AT-ST.

So they were winning, until they lost?

Okay. The end result? They still lost the battle.

The movie Clones would fair no better in fact probably worse given their showings.

Not only is this statement based on blatant personal bias, it's not provable therefore not at all helpful in bolstering your case.

The Empire also showed greater tactical minds in the forms of Vader, Veers and Piett....the Clones had.....Cody? Who did....what?

You're comparing Clone Commander Cody to Vader to try and make your point? lol

Okay. I mean in that case I guess the Clones did technically have Anakin, Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, and the rest of the Jedi Council.

As for what they did, again, they won the Clone Wars, and in the movies they won the Battle of Geonisis, Kashyyk, Utapau, and the Clone Wars themselves.

-------------------------

Lastly, I'll point out that George Lucas himself, along with the current Lucasfilm without him, have all stated on multiple occasions Clone Troopers > Stormtroopers due to their training, origins, and their purpose in the stories.

And George Lucas only cares about the movies. The reasons I listed above all illustrate his point, and the current Lucasfilm.

---------------

I like both Clones and Stormtroopers. I probably like Stormtroopers a bit more, but as for which one is better?

This question has been answered on screen, and by the creators themselves. It's not a matter of opinion.

Picking apart seconds of screen time and remaking the same thread ad nauseam is sort of tiresome at this point.

Stormtroopers are still awesome and will always be.

Edited by CaulderBenson

I'm talking showings only, what they showed on screen Cauld. I'm not talking into account any battles or anything(though the Battle of Yavin that had nothing to do with Troopers), just what was shown on screen comparing good showings to good showings, not failures or anything due to plot.

I'm meaning overwhelming firepower for the Clones, in that they just ran straight forward and fired their blasters while going towards the enemy. I probably should have worded it better, but that's what I meant.

But what else did the Clones show here? It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I didn't see anything the Clone Troopers do other than march forward in groups and blasting away with their rifles.

Again for them to wipe out the Jedi, they just overwhelmed them with numbers....something which Stormtroopers wouldn't be able to do? I think they'd be able to do that. The Clones also had surprise of course too.

Also no, not just Vader, but Veers/Piett too were there.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm talking showings only, what they showed on screen Cauld. I'm not talking into account any battles or anything, just what was shown on screen for them.

Yeah, and on screen, the Clones win at least three or four battles.

I'm meaning overwhelming firepower for the Clones, in that they just ran straight forward and fired their blasters while going towards the enemy. I probably should have worded it better, but that's what I meant.

I know. I'd attribute that to poor CGI animators. George Lucas himself commented on the lack of professionalism the Clones had in ATOTC, so for the game Republic Commando (?) he made sure to have them move like soldiers.

Again for them to wipe out the Jedi, they just overwhelmed them with numbers....something which Stormtroopers wouldn't be able to do? I think they'd be able to do that.

I'm sure they could. I'd be rooting for them actually.

But we haven't seen them do it, and so you can't use that against the clones.

I like Stormtroopers better, but creators have answered this for us.

Taking the EU into account, you can argue that the 501st were better than any Clone Unit, since they were at the height of the Empire's military might, but that's not in the movies.

Also no, not just Vader, but Veers/Piett too were there.

I like Veers (particularly since Thrawn recommended him to Vader), but then we're talking more about the Imperial military than the Stormtroopers themselves.

I actually really like Piett too.

-----------------

This is just not a contest to me, I guess.

I love them both, I've seen the movies, I've heard from the creators, I know their intention on screen, they've told me who is better.

And I still like stormtroopers better.

Sort of how I love Vitiate and Palpatine.

I actually think I like Vitiate better (he's more interesting), but I love Palpatine. I don't care who is more powerful, I like both.

Edited by CaulderBenson

Yeah, and on screen, the Clones win at least three or four battles.

I know. I'd attribute that to poor CGI animators. George Lucas himself commented on the lack of professionalism the Clones had in ATOTC, so for the game Republic Commando (?) he made sure to have them move like soldiers.

I'm sure they could. I'd be rooting for them actually.

But we haven't seen them do it, and so you can't use that against the clones.

I like Stormtroopers better, but creators have answered this for us.

Taking the EU into account, you can argue that the 501st were better than any Clone Unit, since they were at the height of the Empire's military might, but that's not in the movies.

I like Veers (particularly since Thrawn recommended him to Vader), but then we're talking more about the Imperial military than the Stormtroopers themselves.

I actually really like Piett too.

Yes they won the battles, but I mean what you actually see on screen for them, is what I'm pointing out. What isn't shown, just remove that.

So then you agree on that they just marched forward and went guns blazing right?

I wasn't using it against the Clones, I was merely using it in showing that them killing the Jedi wasn't as impressive as some make it out to be. They had surprise and overwhelming numbers for their advantage. Something which I feel, if you replaced the Clones with Stormtroopers, it would be more or less the same thing that happpens.

On Veers/Piett, yes that's true.

Now would you agree though that movie TIE pilots > movie Clone pilots decisively?

I don't take everything writers say at face value (like the comment about Clones having better weaponry than the Empire) that seems crazy, but in general all the evidence, and the story telling backs them up on this.

I guess you could take the technology statement as the Empire simply being a bit cheap on their soldiers since they rule the galaxy now, and they don't have to fight as hard as they did during the Clone Wars?

I dunno. I'm still trying to figure that statement out.

Edited by CaulderBenson

I don't take everything writers say at face value (like the comment about Clones having better weaponry than the Empire) that seems crazy, but in general all the evidence, and they story telling backs them up on this.

I guess you could take the technology statement as the Empire simply being a bit cheap on their soldiers since they rule the galaxy now, and they don't have to fight as hard as they did during the Clone Wars?

I dunno. I'm still trying to figure that statement out.

The statement doesn't seem to fly with me....how is the Empire cheaper, if they had a battle station that doubled as...well a station and a planet killer? Twice I might add. Or a Super Star Destroyer? Or nigh invulnerable walkers(AT-ATs)?

If going into the new canon, you have a genius that made himself immortal with the Empire's technology and made cyborgs one of which is very General Grevious like with the finest technology in the Empire? So that just makes it further not make sense.

In Legends there's an even greater tech disparity between the GAR and GE.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

So then you agree on that they just marched forward and went guns blazing right?

We see that, but we see more than that as well. It's more complex. We see the Clones attacking enemy fortified positions. We also see them fight from entrenched positions.

See the Battle of Kashyyk. We also seem the hit hard in teams during the Battle of Utapau.

I wasn't using it against the Clones, I was merely using it in showing that them killing the Jedi wasn't as impressive as some make it out to be. They had surprise and overwhelming numbers for their advantage.

Yeah, but wiping out the Jedi Order is still an accomplishment that the Clones have.

And a lot of fans of the PT era overestimate Lucas' comment about the PT being the Golden Era of the Jedi.

According to them, that would make this even doubly impressive.

Of course what they miss is that this is the sunset of the Golden Era of the Jedi. It's the end, therefore not exactly casting a good light on the Jedi Council. But that's a different conversation.

Something which I feel, if you replaced the Clones with Stormtroopers, it would be more or less the same thing that happens.

Probably. The reverse would also be true. If it had been Clones at Endor, Han, Leia, and Chewie would still have won. And the Clones would have won at Hoth as well.

Now would you agree though that movie TIE pilots > movie Clone pilots decisively?

I never really considered it.

Purely based on the movies, I'd give it to TIE pilots based on the fact that we don't see Clone fighter pilots except for what? The one who dies in the ROTS opening?

It's not a fair comparison.

We know from the EU that TIE pilots had to be good because they had no shields on their ships.

I guess you could make that case for the movies, but it's a reach.

------------

But yeah, I'd go with TIE pilots due to a much, much larger showing on screen, and of course based on the EU there were some nice TIE pilots. :)

Edited by CaulderBenson

The statement doesn't seem to fly with me....how is the Empire cheaper, if they had a battle station that doubled as...well a station and a planet killer? Twice I might add. Or a Super Star Destroyer? Or nigh invulnerable walkers(AT-ATs)?

That's vehicles and bases.

Not infantry equipment.

Remember the EU. Palpatine started recruiting humans from across the Galaxy to keep a constant supply of Stormtroopers, and to indoctrinate people into the Empire.

At it's height, the Empire controlled almost all the Galaxy. Stormtroopers and TIE pilots were cheap and expendable. It wasn't until after Endor in the old EU that they started putting shield generators on TIEs because they couldn't afford to waste the pilots.

I haven't read the new AFTERMATH novel yet, nor do I plan to any time in the immediate future. So I can't comment on the current post Endor Empire too much.

If you're recruiting from all across the Galaxy and you're not actively at war (storm troopers fought guerrilla rebels) why spend all that money to give everyone of them top of the line equipment.

I do remember some of the EU stories with Stormtroopers have the stormies comment on the fact that they didn't buy the Empire's line about how their armor could stop blasters.

It was a comment about how Stormtroopers were viewed as disposable to them.

------------------

That's my interpretation of that technology line (Economics!). I could very well be wrong.

Edited by CaulderBenson

We see that, but we see more than that as well. It's more complex. We see the Clones attacking enemy fortified positions. We also see them fight from entrenched positions.

See the Battle of Kashyyk. We also seem the hit hard in teams during the Battle of Utapau.

Yeah, but wiping out the Jedi Order is still an accomplishment that the Clones have.

And a lot of fans of the PT era **** themselves over Lucas' comment about the PT being the Golden Era of the Jedi.

According to them, that would make this even doubly impressive.

Of course what they miss is that this is the sunset of the Golden Era of the Jedi. It's the end, therefore not exactly casting a good light on the Jedi Council. But that's a different conversation.

Probably. The reverse would also be true. If it had been Clones at Endor, Han, Leia, and Chewie would still have won. And the Clones would have won at Hoth as well.

I never really considered it.

Purely based on the movies, I'd give it to TIE pilots based on the fact that we don't see Clone fighter pilots except for what? The one who dies in the ROTS opening?

It's not a fair comparison.

We know from the EU that TIE pilots had to be good because they had no shields on their ships.

I guess you could make that case for the movies, but it's a reach.

------------

But yeah, I'd go with TIE pilots due to a much, much larger showing on screen, and of course based on the EU there were some nice TIE pilots. :)

1. Well you see a similar sort of thing in the Battle of Hoth, Veers troops stormed through Echo Base and their entrenched position. Now obviously yes, the force of the droids was significantly greater, but the thing is the Empire could do similar with what they had. Even more impressive actually I just realized, they were able to blast small aircraft(Snowspeeders) right out of the sky.

2. Well agreed on that of course.

3. Well yeah meaning based pure on the movies, but EU yeah the TIE pilots gave trouble to Rogue Squadron from time to time from what I've read anyway.

This thread isn't to knock Clones down or anything, I love the Clones.....but I just don't see where they are better when the Stormtroopers could do pretty much the same thing.

As always and at best, I put Clones and Storms on = footing as far as basic everything goes. But of course that gap widens if including any great tech.

That's vehicles and bases.

Not infantry equipment.

Remember the EU. Palpatine started recruiting humans from across the Galaxy to keep a constant supply of Stormtroopers, and to indoctrinate people into the Empire.

At it's height, the Empire controlled almost all the Galaxy. Stormtroopers and TIE pilots were cheap and expendable. It wasn't until after Endor in the old EU that they started putting shield generators on TIEs because they couldn't afford to waste the pilots.

I haven't read the new AFTERMATH novel yet, nor do I plan to any time in the immediate future. So I can't comment on the current post Endor Empire too much.

If you're recruiting from all across the Galaxy and you're not actively at war (storm troopers fought guerrilla rebels) why spend all that money to give everyone of them top of the line equipment.

I do remember some of the EU stories with Stormtroopers have the stormies comment on the fact that they didn't buy the Empire's line about how their armor could stop blasters.

It was a comment about how Stormtroopers were viewed as disposable to them.

------------------

That's my interpretation of that technology line (Economics!). I could very well be wrong.

Actually according to Legends, the Stormtroopers had the top of the line armor and equipment.

I've actually made some respect threads for pretty much the whole GE which are

Stormtrooper

Army Trooper

Royal Guard

A look at the GE military

Yeah the TIE pilots were considered expendable, but that doesn't mean training for either the TIE pilots, Stormtroopers or Army Troopers were ****.

EVERY fracking branch of the GE had some ridiculous training.....also if those interest you, I also made a Dark Jedi one, the GE Dark Jedi are pretty powerful too.

Dark Jedi

======

Now as far as canon goes, I'm not sure where things are at so I can't really comment. But as far as Legends go, the GE had some ridiculously hard training for their troopers and other personnel.

Also regarding the armor thing, armor in general in SW can't stop a direct blaster shot unless it's made out of very strong material.

Clone Armor, Stormtrooper armor, random armor off the market...so on....they aren't designed to stop blaster shots.

Armor is used for more other purposes, this is noted....so it's not really a slight against the Stormtrooper armor when armor in general can't stop a direct shot or barrage.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Actually according to Legends, the Stormtroopers had the top of the line armor and equipment.

Some instances, and I'm sure different units had different grades of armor.

For instance, I'm sure the Coruscant garrison was better equipped than the Tatooine garrison.

Like I said, there have been stories written where the storm troopers themselves comment on how their armor doesn't live up to the Empire's propaganda all the time.

Yeah the TIE pilots were considered expendable, but that doesn't mean training for either the TIE pilots, Stormtroopers or Army Troopers were ****.

No, and I didn't say it was. I'm quite familiar with almost all the OT era EU.

Also regarding the armor thing, armor in general in SW can't stop a direct blaster shot unless it's made out of very strong material.

Armor is used for more other purposes, this is noted....so it's not really a slight against the Stormtrooper armor when armor in general can't stop a direct shot or barrage.

Yeah, I know. I was commenting more on the in-universe characters commenting on their armor.

I had a memory float up to the surface from one of the Stormtroopers stories I read twenty years ago when I was in highschool.

lol

-------------------

On a side note, I'm quite interested in the learning more and seeing the First Order's stormtroopers in action.

Clone Troopers, Stormtroopers, and now First Order Stormtroopers.

Dang I love their armor, but nothing beats the original.

Man, I love the Empire and the OT. :D

Edited by CaulderBenson

Some instances, and I'm sure different units had different grades of armor.

For instance, I'm sure the Coruscant garrison was better equipped than the Tatooine garrison.

Like I said, there have been stories written where the storm troopers themselves comment on how their armor doesn't live up to the Empires propaganda all the time.

No, and I didn't say it was. I'm quite familiar with almost all the OT era EU.

Yeah, I know. I was commenting more on the in-universe characters commenting on their armor.

I had a memory float up to the surface from one of the Stormtroopers stories I read twenty years ago when I was in highschool.

lol

Ahh I see.

But eh....from the stuff I have, the armor seems pretty consistent anyway, I'm not too big on in-universe commentary when an out of universe one(either author or guidebook) says otherwise.

Still though, my point in all this is I just don't see how Clones are better than Storms.

Of course now with Rebels, it seems Dave is taking that in a different direction...but whatever I guess, there's always other authors. But then again Season 2 does seem to favor the Empire a tad more soo....eh.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Of course now with Rebels, it seems Dave is taking that in a different direction...but whatever I guess, there's always other authors. But then again Season 2 does seem to favor the Empire a tad more soo....eh.

I believe context is important.

Dave and the crew grew up on the OT, like I did. That's where their love is.

The OT is good vs evil. That's ultimately what Star Wars is.

Yes, there are gray areas, blah blah.

Rebels is very much OT.

The Stormtroopers and basic Imperials are the villains our heroes get to beat up, until we bring in the Inquisitors, Vader, Tarkin, etc.

Then the Stormtroopers get to be scary.

Basic story telling, and the stormtroopers are the faceless mooks our heroes need to get some wins.

In the Clone Wars the droids were canon fodder for our heroes to get some wins on.

Same with the stormtroopers.

But I will say some of that early Rebels stuff with the stormtroopers was painful to watch. I think the pendulum swung too far in one direction.

-------------

I guess it's sort of like Foot Soldiers in TMNT. They're ninjas man. Highly trained and effective killers, but the turtles tear through them.

Doesn't mean they suck, but they're faceless villains so our heroes can beat them up until the big bad comes around.

But eh....from the stuff I have, the armor seems pretty consistent anyway, I'm not too big on in-universe commentary when an out of universe one(either author or guidebook) says otherwise.

This was not in a bad way. It was a comment on the Empire's propaganda and recruitment methods more than anything, but the effect of the statement gives insight into stormtroopers and the Galactic Empire which is why I mentioned it.

Tales from the Empire? Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina or maybe one of the Rogue Squadron books. I don't remember which one.

Edited by CaulderBenson

I believe context is important.

Dave and the crew grew up on the OT, like I did. That's where their love is.

The OT is good vs evil. That's ultimately what Star Wars is.

Yes, there are gray areas, blah blah.

Rebels is very much OT.

The Stormtroopers and basic Imperials are the villains our heroes get to beat up, until we bring in the Inquisitors, Vader, Tarkin, etc.

Then the Stormtroopers get to be scary.

Basic story telling, and the stormtroopers are the faceless mooks our heroes need to get some wins.

In the Clone Wars the droids were canon fodder for our heroes to get some wins on.

Same with the stormtroopers.

But I will say some of that early Rebels stuff with the stormtroopers was painful to watch. I think the pendulum swung too far in one direction.

-------------

I guess it's sort of like Foot Soldiers in TMNT. They're ninjas man. Highly trained and effective killers, but the turtles tear through them.

Doesn't mean they suck, but they're faceless villains so our heroes can beat them up until the big bad comes around.

Well I grew up watching the OT too, but I actually saw Storms kick butt and take name(less)s and even get one up over the main characters at times...in Legends too they showed to be even more awesome, taking on a bunch of Wookiees while outnumbered and all that jazz.

Though right it is all about good vs evil, though the Stormtroopers did have some fairly ok showings, they captured Ezra, a bike trooper floored Kanan H2H resorting to him using The Force.

So there's here and there for em, they also had a pretty good durability in surviving a TIE fighter explosion and a Trooper did survive getting a blaster shot to his armor, so their armor can withstand blaster shots, which is also noted in the New Ultimate Guide too...so their armor is pretty much the same as Legends it seems.

Season 2 though we shall see if anything else comes up for em though.

But yeah...I don't mind Stormtroopers getting beat, but....it's better when they get beat, if they have feats of their own.

What's better?

Defeating a group of guys that just show up?

Defeating a group of guys, who previously just wrecked another group of guys and have ontop of that coming from ridiculous training?

I think the latter would be a bit more impressive.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well I grew up watching the OT too, but I actually saw Storms kick butt and take name(less)s and even get one up over the main characters at times...in Legends too they showed to be even more awesome, taking on a bunch of Wookiees while outnumbered and all that jazz.

The novels and comics are a different medium. You're allowed to tell your stories in different ways, and tell stories that focus entirely on the stormtroopers.

Different rules and needs for the stories.

But yeah...I don't mind Stormtroopers getting beat, but....it's better when they get beat, if they have feats of their own.

I'm in complete agreement.

Defeating a group of guys, who previously just wrecked another group of guys and have ontop of that coming from ridiculous training?

I think the latter would be a bit more impressive.

I agree, but it depends on the story more than anything.

Rebels for instance is 1) Aimed primarily at kids and 2) The heroes are the main stars, and the stormtroopers in general are faceless goons whose purpose is to lose until the big bads show up.

I dunno. We'll see what else Lucasfilm has planned coming down the pike.

I'd love to see a Stormtrooper-centric project from Disney in animation or print. I'd prefer animation though.

We'll see what the future holds.

This is Disney's big year; the year they officially kick off their Star Wars ownership with their first movie, and with Season 2 of Rebels.

I'm looking forward to more Stormtrooper action.

Rogue One comes out next year, and it's set during the OT. I'm sure it will have stormtroopers in it as well.

The novels and comics are a different medium. You're allowed to tell your stories in different ways, and tell stories that focus entirely on the stormtroopers.

Different rules and needs for the stories.

I'm in complete agreement.

I agree, but it depends on the story more than anything.

Rebels for instance is 1) Aimed primarily at kids and 2) The heroes are the main stars, and the stormtroopers in general are faceless goons whose purpose is to lose until the big bads show up.

I dunno. We'll see what else Lucasfilm has planned coming down the pike.

I'd love to see a Stormtrooper-centric project from Disney in animation or print. I'd prefer animation though.

We'll see what the future holds.

This is Disney's big year; the year they officially kick off their Star Wars ownership with their first movie, and with Season 2 of Rebels.

I'm looking forward to more Stormtrooper action.

Rogue One comes out next year, and it's set during the OT. I'm sure it will have stormtroopers in it as well.

1. True enough, this is what I like about SW though as it can focus on even the nameless guys and the like, making them more than just to be thrown at to die.

2. This is true Rebels is and yeah there's a lot coming forth, tbh I'm actually more interested in Rogue One because it's not gonna involve any Force Users.