The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Darth Maul going to return in Rebels as an inquisito that has been a victim of...

cool-dude

Is Darth Maul going to return in Rebels as an inquisitor that has been a victim of mad science? Or is Disney just going to forget about the part where Sidious told Maul he would not kill him, because he has a "use" for him.

Maul has escaped Sidious in "Son of Dathomir" but his organization is in shambles.

I suspect we'll get a one-shot episode about Maul trying to hunt Obi-Wan, kinda like this old "Star Wars Tales" one-shot comic.

Is Darth Maul going to return in Rebels as an inquisitor that has been a victim of mad science? Or is Disney just going to forget about the part where Sidious told Maul he would not kill him, because he has a "use" for him.

Maybe Sidious's "use" for Maul was making him the official baton twirler of the imperial marching band, as an effort to demoralize him, mentally cripple him, and just for pure entertainment. I know this would never happen, but I would quite literally ROtFL if Ezra found Maul in a cell, practicing the baton, chanting, "It spins the stick above its head, or else it gets the shock again..."

I agree with RTCBrad. The fact that he survived after being cut to two parts and falling from such height is ridiculous. To be honest, if they did such a thing, perhaps, they will bring Windu to life as well? Because, you know, I'd rather believe Windy survived. Which I don't believe. Maul was a mysterious character, but they turned him into "just kill him, somebody, already" kind of person. Annoying.

I doubt they'd make him an inquisitor, Sidious wouldn't give him that sort of power/freedom

You best believe he'll return though. Maybe not on Rebels, but they're going to milk the Darth Maul fan service for all the money it's worth. I like Maul, but if they were gonna bring him back they should have done it in a much more refined and meaningful way.

I hope we never see him again. Bringing him back after Episode I was ridiculous enough, he really isn't that good of a character.

I don't think you'll find many people that agree with you on that. He's as over hyped has the Heath Ledger Joker was for many years and likely always will be until another bad *** replaces him... Which probably won't happen in episode 7.