a few questions and a suggestion about GSF

OccultDrake

I am wondering something, CSRs Devs GMs feel free to let me know if this violates something that would result in a ban of my account, what third party program can i use to enable my wired xbox 360 controller for use in GSF?

I have tried joy2key to no avail and i refuse to pay $10 for xpadder, basicly wondering if there is another program out there that is more "noob" friendly than those 2 that is free to use.

Also a suggestion to the guys and gals working on the game, give an option to use controllers/joysticks specificly for Galactic Starfighter, i know i can't be the only person that wants to use their xbox/playstation controllers for starfighter.

The keyboard/mouse flight controls just feel odd to me is all.

Some pilots have set up some stuff with joy2key. That's what I use in other games. You might try asking what joy2key issues you are having and maybe someone can help with that.

The devs have never said anything about adding HOTAS support. The game is designed with mouse and keyboard. You can search and find all the very likely reasons. The short list is:

> It would be a lot of development

> It would involve test procedures for every version of the game going forward, for something that only works in GSF.

> The ground game and GSF both are designed for use with mouse.

> Proper support, such as adding analog roll, analog throttle, and instant pitch and yaw response via HOTAS with gimbal via hat or other input, would grant a pretty huge advantage to those of us with real setups- it would be absolutely mandatory for top level play.

You can find much more detail by searching, as I and others have answered this question many times. I will also point out that GSF doesn't seem to have an active and assigned development team, but currently borrow some attention from the main game crew (some of whom were likely GSF devs). It is very unlikely that they would spend time on something like this, instead of completing ships, addressing some balance issues, or adding new maps.

While mapping a joystick to a mouse and then controlling the ship can work and has been done, it's only for fun and not for extra control, because you'll be having a joystick pretend to be a mouse.

Edited by Verain