Computer having BSOD's after coming on from sleep mode.

SaerethDL

I know this isn't just a swtor topic, but i play swtor a lot and I haven't been able to fix my problem.

Here is what happens: When i go into sleep mode for a long period of time then wake, my computer will BSOD and self restart with different bsod errors each time, like IRQL Not equal or less, stuff like that. Once it restarts then its fine and doesn't have another bsod unless it goes into sleep mode and comes out of it.

Here is what ive tested.

I changed the memory out

I changed video cards

I change ssd's and harddrives

I've reformatted and reinstalled windows multiple times

i've installed updates to all drivers

I've ran memtest 86 with no errors

I've checked temps on cpu.

Can anyone help me?! Its been doing' it since i purchased and built it brand new, i7 4790k NO OC, EVGA 980 Ti SC, Factory OC, DDR3 1600 No OC, Samsung EVO 840 and 850 SSD. I've been building computers since windows 3.11 and have solved every error I have came across, but not this one. :rak_02:

Use BlueScreenView (This is a Tool) and post the log file here - in a spoiler please.

100615-5500-01.dmp 10/6/2015 2:37:57 PM IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE 0x000000c8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ndis.sys ndis.sys+5625 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+14e240 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100615-5500-01.dmp 8 15 10240 363,728 10/6/2015 2:38:59 PM

093015-4593-01.dmp 9/30/2015 9:22:06 AM IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a fffff720`0040d530 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff801`4b2c3e1c ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+14e240 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+14e240 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\093015-4593-01.dmp 8 15 10240 376,224 9/30/2015 9:22:42 AM

You can click on the save symbol in order to save the DMP as TXT.

Please do that and copy what's inside the TXT again inside a spoiler..

Thank you :)

Besides that.. read this.

/e - The Link above it for Win 8.1. Dunno what Windows you are running.

Edited by Focusangel

You can click on the save symbol in order to save the DMP as TXT.

Please do that and copy what's inside the TXT again inside a spoiler..

Thank you :)

Besides that.. read this.

/e - The Link above it for Win 8.1. Dunno what Windows you are running.

Running windows 10, but had the same problems on windows 8.1

==================================================

Dump File : 100615-5500-01.dmp

Crash Time : 10/6/2015 2:37:57 PM

Bug Check String : IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE

Bug Check Code : 0x000000c8

Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000

Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002

Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000

Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000

Caused By Driver : ndis.sys

Caused By Address : ndis.sys+5625

File Description :

Product Name :

Company :

File Version :

Processor : x64

Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+14e240

Stack Address 1 :

Stack Address 2 :

Stack Address 3 :

Computer Name :

Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100615-5500-01.dmp

Processors Count : 8

Major Version : 15

Minor Version : 10240

Dump File Size : 363,728

Dump File Time : 10/6/2015 2:38:59 PM

Dump File : 093015-4593-01.dmp

Crash Time : 9/30/2015 9:22:06 AM

Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a

Parameter 1 : fffff720`0040d530

Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002

Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000001

Parameter 4 : fffff801`4b2c3e1c

Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+14e240

File Description :

Product Name :

Company :

File Version :

Processor : x64

Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+14e240

Stack Address 1 :

Stack Address 2 :

Stack Address 3 :

Computer Name :

Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\093015-4593-01.dmp

Processors Count : 8

Major Version : 15

Minor Version : 10240

Dump File Size : 376,224

Dump File Time : 9/30/2015 9:22:42 AM

Gonna take a look at this in a second.

Did you install some trash software that normally comes with hardware? (Like those useless Software Suite etc.)

Also.. you didn't list a mainboard. :)

No this was a fresh install this round haven't installed any driver software, just using the default drivers, only thing installed is geforce experience with updated drivers.. also steam, chrome, uplay, goggalaxy, battle.net, everything else is fresh.

Was just about to say that.

Since you already had that error with Win 8..

I would say either Mainboard or SSD/HDD.

But since you changed SSD and HDD.. it seems to be the Mainboard...

If you got a old one laying around or can borrow one.. try if changing the MB fixes your BSOD.

Edited by Focusangel

Was just about to say that.

Since you already had that error with Win 8..

I would say either Mainboard or SSD/HDD.

But since you changed SSD and HDD.. it seems to be the Mainboard...

If you got a old one laying around or can borrow one.. try if changing the MB fixes your BSOD.

It was a brand new mobo, having this bsod since day 1, you sure its the mobo? Also the computer runs great, no crashes while gaming for hours, just crashes after sleeping, then just fine all over again until it sleeps again, the easy solution is to turn off sleep mode and have my computer stay on, but i dont wanna use all that power when im not even on it. Oh well guess i'll just wait till 6-8 core skylake and pascal.

Edited by SaerethDL

Well.. the fact that it is new doesn't mean it can't be damaged :p

I can't be sure since im sitting here probably thousand of miles away from you.. remote support is always tricky.

However..

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE

can be caused by several things..

- Bad drivers

- Damaged Windows registry

- Missing system files

- Damaged SSD/HDD

- Damaged RAM

Take your pick.

/e - since everything is mounted on the Mainboard - it's always possible to be the cause of errors.

Edited by Focusangel

Most likely a driver compatibility issue. Could be any driver, but I would guess video first as that one has a habit of causing these types of crashes with sleep and hibernation as well as with the monitor.

Take it out of sleep mode in power options, but leave the monitor to auto shutoff after xx minutes.

If it still happens, let it go to sleep but never auto turn off the monitor and see what happens.

I'd be surprised if one of those didn't stop the problem....not fixed mind you...a reinstall may be needed to fix the issue, but at the least not a problem any longer.

Most likely a driver compatibility issue. Could be any driver, but I would guess video first as that one has a habit of causing these types of crashes with sleep and hibernation as well as with the monitor.

Take it out of sleep mode in power options, but leave the monitor to auto shutoff after xx minutes.

If it still happens, let it go to sleep but never auto turn off the monitor and see what happens.

I'd be surprised if one of those didn't stop the problem....not fixed mind you...a reinstall may be needed to fix the issue, but at the least not a problem any longer.

a reinstall of what? I reinstalled windows already, and reinstalled video drivers. Will try your tip.

Edited by SaerethDL

Well.. the fact that it is new doesn't mean it can't be damaged :p

I can't be sure since im sitting here probably thousand of miles away from you.. remote support is always tricky.

However..

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE

can be caused by several things..

- Bad drivers

- Damaged Windows registry

- Missing system files

- Damaged SSD/HDD

- Damaged RAM

Take your pick.

/e - since everything is mounted on the Mainboard - it's always possible to be the cause of errors.

Drivers are fresh

windows registry is fresh

system files are fresh

ssd/hdd brand new, swapped with other parts too

Ram -brand new, swapped with another set, and then another backup set after then.

Ensure the BIOS is updated to the latest in the first instance

then take the system to a clean boot - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135 and see if it persists, if it doesn't selectively re-enable drivers one by one

If this motherboard has 2 controllers for the sata ports eg marvell and pch controller , change ports between controllers and see if it persists

Edited by OwenBrooks

Drivers are fresh

windows registry is fresh

system files are fresh

ssd/hdd brand new, swapped with other parts too

Ram -brand new, swapped with another set, and then another backup set after then.

Which is why i suspect the Mainboard..

It's at least the only thing i can come up with atm.

Yeah, once you eliminate likely reasons, the remaining reason, however improbable must be it :) but yeah after trying swapped parts on those bits without fixing it, the only actual common element is the motherboard, I would try to flash the bios and if it still happens then it is really likely to be a defective motherboard.

Edited by Jedi_riches

a reinstall of what? I reinstalled windows already, and reinstalled video drivers. Will try your tip.

Assuming the power settings don't solve your issue:

I realize you already are running with a fresh OS load and the current drivers you believe to be correct, but if it is a driver issue (ex. bad download, installed the wrong driver, wrong version, OS is using the default (usable but not "corrrect") a new install and loading of drivers from the manufacturer's website may be needed, including replacing the windows defaults that like to load when installing the OS for the NIC, sound card, monitor, etc.

This is preferred over reinstalling them as it's clean and doesn't leave a chance for clutter/waste to cause issues later.

I know this isn't just a swtor topic, but i play swtor a lot and I haven't been able to fix my problem.

Here is what happens: When i go into sleep mode for a long period of time then wake, my computer will BSOD and self restart with different bsod errors each time, like IRQL Not equal or less, stuff like that. Once it restarts then its fine and doesn't have another bsod unless it goes into sleep mode and comes out of it.

Here is what ive tested.

I changed the memory out

I changed video cards

I change ssd's and harddrives

I've reformatted and reinstalled windows multiple times

i've installed updates to all drivers

I've ran memtest 86 with no errors

I've checked temps on cpu.

Can anyone help me?! Its been doing' it since i purchased and built it brand new, i7 4790k NO OC, EVGA 980 Ti SC, Factory OC, DDR3 1600 No OC, Samsung EVO 840 and 850 SSD. I've been building computers since windows 3.11 and have solved every error I have came across, but not this one. :rak_02:

The only thing I don't see on your list is power supply. Also check your power strip, I've had those go bad and cause weird things to happen and not actually fail.