The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Expectactions of Luke in Force Awakens

thenewperson

What are you expecting from Luke in Force Awakens?

One thing I am expecting from Luke lifting an X-Wing out of swamp water.

Another thing I expect from Luke is if he gets into a bar fight instead of getting knocked out he takes out his lightsaber

and cuts off someones arm.

What I want to see is him understanding that love is not a bad thing and the Jedi should not forbid it.

It's his love to his father that saved Anakin and eventually returned Vader from the Dark Side. Yoda and Obi-Wan were ignorants. They strongly believed that Vader cannot be saved and they insisted to fight him. They treated love as something that completely contradicts the Jedi code. It's Luke's emotions that moved Vader. I hope guys at Lucasfilm didn't forget about that. The Expanded Universe understood Luke's motivations in RotJ and expanded (heh) his future in the right direction. I hope Abrams won't make him a full loner/hermit.

Edited by PavSalco

Luke will probably only be in a few (but key) scenes in the Force Awakens. I do not believe (nor have I heard) that we'll see him in any kind of combat.

I do believe that he might have a larger role in Episode VIII, as a mentor or teacher. I do think we will eventually we will see him fight someone, just not in the first movie.

• 3 weeks later...

What I don't understand in this Force Awakens is why they aren't following the EU and putting the focus on Leia's and Han's kids who are the future of the Jedi Order. Jana and Jacen if I remember correctly.

also Anakin Solo.

I'll be dissapointed if we don't get to see them.

I bet we don't see much of Luke. Episode 8 is where I think we will see a lot of him.

What I don't understand in this Force Awakens is why they aren't following the EU and putting the focus on Leia's and Han's kids who are the future of the Jedi Order. Jana and Jacen if I remember correctly.

also Anakin Solo.

I'll be dissapointed if we don't get to see them.

Because they don't exist anymore officially. Waved the hand, never happened.

Remember RotJ?

Luke turns and I think is now in charge of the dark side forces....

watch V3 & V4. You can see the change as it happens. Hammel did an awesome job.

This guy puts up a real good detailed account of why and why most of us missed it all as it was happening on screen

I haven't had a chance to read them yet, but the new "Shattered Empire" comics and novels seem to contradict that theory pretty decisively.

I haven't had a chance to read them yet, but the new "Shattered Empire" comics and novels seem to contradict that theory pretty decisively.

Excellent read regarding the link you posted.

Although I think Luke will be something like Kenobi's character in the upcoming films, I can certainly see the flip side with him turning. It would make a much more interesting movie, versus him playing the same role as Kenobi.

If you read teh entire thing and then think about it..

Well, it just makes sense. I don't think it will hurt the story line at all. I think it would help enhance it.

Luke being bad... Just makes sense. But.. it may not happen as Disney has said what is to be used and not to be used. What is cannon and what is not...so Luke seems same for now.:eek:

If you read teh entire thing and then think about it..

Well, it just makes sense. I don't think it will hurt the story line at all. I think it would help enhance it.

Luke being bad... Just makes sense. But.. it may not happen as Disney has said what is to be used and not to be used. What is cannon and what is not...so Luke seems same for now.:eek:

In what way does Luke turning to the dark side make sense?

The finale of Return of the Jedi says otherwise. Having Luke morph into a villain for the next film would literally be tossing his character development from the original series into the rubbish bin, just for the sake of shock value. What a twist...

In what way does Luke turning to the dark side make sense?

The finale of Return of the Jedi says otherwise. Having Luke morph into a villain for the next film would literally be tossing his character development from the original series into the rubbish bin, just for the sake of shock value. What a twist...

Good news is that the people who think Luke is Kylo Ren have no idea what's going on with the new movies and have clearly not paid attention to any interviews or announcements. They should refrain from posting to be honest. Just ignore them. Luke isn't turning to the dark side.

Edited by Rhyltran