The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do Vanguards ever replace a skill?

sixonenine

I find that Vanguards have too much skills compared to Sentinels. I have full bar up and almost full bar down and it looks like a mess and I don't know which skills to use first and last. I just spam whatever is open and I can't stretch my finger pass the 6 so I have to click on 8 through = on the top bar. I wish this game would be more practical on the skills and let be only up to 6 or 7 skills to use so you can plan things out and build a much more useable set of skills to use rather than pushing it up to like 10 or more where it looks like a big mess. I played Star Wars Galaxies when everybody quit and liked it quite a a lot, too bad it shut down when this game came out. I feel like in this game you have too much skills to press that you don't have time to maneuver around a lot to combine it with the skills. Like in SWG, you would move around a ton and use skills at the same time. But in this game I feel like I'm forced to sit still and use skills after another after another and I don't have time to manuever otherwise I will stop using the key skills required to win a battle on PVE. Never PVP'd in this game yet as I'm only level 16 but time will tell I guess.

I find that Vanguards have too much skills compared to Sentinels. I have full bar up and almost full bar down and it looks like a mess and I don't know which skills to use first and last. I just spam whatever is open and I can't stretch my finger pass the 6 so I have to click on 8 through = on the top bar. I wish this game would be more practical on the skills and let be only up to 6 or 7 skills to use so you can plan things out and build a much more useable set of skills to use rather than pushing it up to like 10 or more where it looks like a big mess. I played Star Wars Galaxies when everybody quit and liked it quite a a lot, too bad it shut down when this game came out. I feel like in this game you have too much skills to press that you don't have time to maneuver around a lot to combine it with the skills. Like in SWG, you would move around a ton and use skills at the same time. But in this game I feel like I'm forced to sit still and use skills after another after another and I don't have time to manuever otherwise I will stop using the key skills required to win a battle on PVE. Never PVP'd in this game yet as I'm only level 16 but time will tell I guess.

You have to make custom binds in this game or you'll never do well in either PvP or PvE, you can do that in preferences. Try using qertfcv for example, then shift + all those buttons for even more keybinds.

i have made my mouse button as ctrl, so i have many more keys available.

jus start using alot of keybinds. u ll find a lot of guides if u google.

all mmo bind guides will apply to swtor.

my tips are

remove turn left and right from a and d

a = left strafe

d = right strafe

q = autorun

e, r, f, z, x, c, v all for spells

i dont like using shift so i put the ctrl on my mouse

and everything else is

ctrl+1 and so on

and relax everyone has been in your position

Edited by asifakbarali

i have made my mouse button as ctrl, so i have many more keys available.

jus start using alot of keybinds. u ll find a lot of guides if u google.

all mmo bind guides will apply to swtor.

my tips are

remove turn left and right from a and d

a = left strafe

d = right strafe

q = autorun

e, r, f, z, x, c, v all for spells

i dont like using shift so i put the ctrl on my mouse

and everything else is

ctrl+1 and so on

and relax everyone has been in your position

Or upgrade even 1 MORE step.

I personally use, ESDF for movement. Same as the WASD (with no turn, only strafe obv.) using ESDF opens so many keybind-able keys right next to your fingers. You got QWARFTG all right there, and you can CTRL, ALT, or SHIFT modify those too! Just my personal use though, some find it hard to get used to.