Returning and want to play either a sorc or merc. Easier and better dps????

fitzle

Tbh both are among the easiest to play, in terms of pure dps i think merc comes out on top, sorc has better defenses so if pvp is a factor... Sorcs have a big advantage.

Not just PvP either. Like when you go into Black Talon at level 16 sorc with a party of level 10-14 teammates. You *will* facetank the champion droid in the bonus mission.

Why go for the class that has better dps when you can smite people with lightning?

Because zapping ppl with lightning won't help you to global healers, mercs coud, pt's will do :D

So in short, if u ant go burst spec, go merc, if u prefer betetr survivabiolity despite burst, go sorc, if u prefer dot spec go sorc

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx

Because zapping ppl with lightning won't help you to global healers, mercs coud, pt's will do :D

So in short, if u ant go burst spec, go merc, if u prefer betetr survivabiolity despite burst, go sorc, if u prefer dot spec go sorc

what this guy said, hes right. Go Merc. Best decision I made in this game yet. I will never touch a force user again.

depends on if you want to pvp or not. If you want to pvp I would say roll sorc in all honesty. Sure sorc may be fotm, but merc has ALWAYS been bad, and its not getting better in 4.0...its like you constantly have a "Kill me please" sign straped to your back.

For PvE, I'd say which ever floats your boat, Sorc would have better survivability.