Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

petition to keep levels how they should be

XxsokuxX

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/petition signed, but only so this can be optional, as it is I can still see possibilities with it in place come 4.0.

Eric Musco going to DK to try an H2+ was quite deliberate imo, especially as Oricon 55 H2+ at 60 is NiM when solo-attempted.

You're joking right? The Oricon H2 was soloable at lvl 55, in 180 gear, easy as pie. At lvl 60... its a joke.

Further to that Musco said that you will be the "highest lvl still able to get experience." Which is 6 lvls above content. So for your Oricon H2, that is lvl 61. All H2s and most H4s will be soloable like that.

Signed,

I am 100% for that levels stay as they are now, no level down-syncing, unless player wants to turn it on.

So either make it optional ( Turn ON/OFF ) or leave it as it is now.

The gear that you'll get from this planets will be useless anyway so none will be dong those missions and planets will be even more empty than before.

He stated that all gear drops will be appropriate to your character's actual level...

I can see it now:

This just in! Notorious Dark Council member and slayer of many Jedi Masters assassinated by level 8 korslug while walking to the shuttle on Korriban! Read all about it!

never been defeated by a tukata, k'lor'slug or a shyrack in the past, im damn well not letting it happen now! :D

especially to a k'lor'slug, thats motivation enough not to be beaten by a 1 dimensional pestilence.

never been defeated by a tukata, k'lor'slug or a shyrack in the past, im damn well not letting it happen now! :D

especially to a k'lor'slug, thats motivation enough not to be beaten by a 1 dimensional pestilence.

I don't think those things can kill you, made a new sw and sorc a month ago, and didn't even bother upgrading my gear till I got to fleet.

You're joking right? The Oricon H2 was soloable at lvl 55, in 180 gear, easy as pie. At lvl 60... its a joke.

Further to that Musco said that you will be the "highest lvl still able to get experience." Which is 6 lvls above content. So for your Oricon H2, that is lvl 61. All H2s and most H4s will be soloable like that.

Hmmm, from the list of weekly heroics, I don't think there are any H4s, they could be converted and mobs changed to make them H2+ at the most.

Edited by sentientomega

At times I go back to lower level planets for achievements, helping others, or just to see sights. This downgrading crap will ruin that. I unsubbed because of that announcement.

A petition won't help this cause although I support it, the only thing that counts is voting with your wallet. ;)

I do hope they reconsider this change. It's unnecessary. People saying 'oh sweet, I can help my friend now with lower level heroics and he gets xp'. The thing is, you were helping him get through it very fast, that was the reward.

This is a level based game, I levelled for a reason.

SIGNED!!!!

I do NOT want FORCED level sync!!!! What is the POINT of getting to max level, if you don't get more powerful relevant to your enemies??? One of the game's major draws is being able to solo lowbie content when bored, so you can feel like a bonafide kick-butt character.

This is why I didn't play GW2, because of the stupid level sync!

Bioware, please make this OPTIONAL!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Edited by AlCiao

Funny I don't recall this being a democracy no this is a BUSINESS where Petitions have about as much importance as the toilet paper you use in the bathroom.

How about we all stop playing if they implement this level synching ?

Unsigned. Lol. Shouldn't you guys wait and see what it is actually like before actually going off the deep end. What they showed was a synced toon soloing a Heroic. Easy peasy. Plus you don't lose any of your high level abilities. None of them.

Ah well, do what you must but this is going to be a great move for the game over all.

i said it in other threads i am saying it here too

i agree with op and i am gw2 player it is my main mmo and i love it but i dont want similar stuff here because this game belongs to SW universe and particularly for force users they grow in power significantly and if you are truly SW universe fan then you will understand a sith acolyte when becomes darth it means he/she is by far far more powerful...this gw2 type level scaling only breaks immersion in my opinion and nothing more...that is not case for gw2 universe...the ED were always by far more powerful than pc and you needed npc help even in solo able story content..so for sake of story and immersion i say this level scaling sucks.

Unsigned. Lol. Shouldn't you guys wait and see what it is actually like before actually going off the deep end. What they showed was a synced toon soloing a Heroic. Easy peasy. Plus you don't lose any of your high level abilities. None of them.

Ah well, do what you must but this is going to be a great move for the game over all.

You do know doing that Heroics on DK is different than doing them on, say, Oricon, right?

The only condition under which I've signed this is that they make it optional, that's all; though, honestly now that I think about it, having a reason to visit the planets, gain xp, and level-relevant mob drops etc, doesn't sound all that bad.

You do know doing that Heroics on DK is different than doing them on, say, Oricon, right?

The only condition under which I've signed this is that they make it optional, that's all; though, honestly now that I think about it, having a reason to visit the planets, gain xp, and level-relevant mob drops etc, doesn't sound all that bad.

You do realize you will have a the full compliment of your capped toons abilities and your companions abilities right?

I solo'ed Oricon H2 at level on my Shadow tank. Whatever the changes are there, you should still have a big advantage. And btw, the closer you get to cap, the harder it will be in any event because the mobs have more abilities and mechanics.

/notsigned

I personally like the idea as does the gaming group that I've played with for years. We watched today's livestream and were pleased. We are looking forward to this, and other, much needed change that we saw outlined in the stream today.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.