Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

168+ set bonus 2/4 commando/merc parsing vs 3.0 6/6

MasterAtin

If I am remembering Correctly...

Regarding the 168 (and maybe higher up until 180? 186?) set bonuses for commando/merc DPS, whereas the critical chance of charged bolts/grav round or tracer round/power shot is increased 15%, I've been wondering how players have been parsing if they opted to use these old set bonuses as part of their gear in either SM or HM ops post 3.0 with the new 6 set bonus.

Granted using these will only allow 4/6 set bonus for the mando/merc set and negate that beautiful, satisfying 12-15k crit with demolition round/cluster missiles, I believe the increase in crit chance for the charged bolts/grav round or tracer round/power shot will increase total parsing considering the fact that these abilities are the bulk and foundation for their constituent rotations and specs.

You lose one BIG CRITICAL HIT, but you gain several smaller critical hits which could very well be much more cumulative. You also lose quite a bit of main stat depending on the old 55 set bonus quality level you get (e.g. 162, 168, etc.)

In short, has anyone been parsing better (if anyone) with old 55 2/4 set bonus pieces as opposed to the new 6/6 set bonus piece for mandos/mercs. Appreciate input, and any corrections regarding gear or updates about the gear, been trying to get the 168 set bonus so I can compare parses.

Lastly, this is all under the impression/old memory that these old set bonuses are what I think they are, so if they are not, (my mistake) corrections appreciated.

I did a whole analysis on just this topic using the simulator. Keeping it short:

• Set bonus armoring should always be used instead of non-set bonus. A full set of 162 is better than 198 without the set.
  • IO/AS has no use for the old 4-piece. Keep the old 2 piece until you have all 6 of the new.
  • Arsenal/Gunnery old 4-piece is good. The 186 4-piece is equivalent to the new 198 6-piece in terms of DPS.
  • There is no other combination of 186 old pieces or lower that will outperform the 198 new.

The range of the study of worst to best was something like 200 DPS so there is not a lot of variation between each combination of gear. It is possible to do a parse and get opposite results due to the RNG.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.