Flashpoint: The Esseles

MeekoSouthpaw

This flashpoint needs a update now with all the new content coming out and the ease of leveling for some of the population. The republic side is almost impossible to do a complete clear of this flashpoint as you need a second person about halfway through the fp to release the bonus boss robot. Would be nice to increase the time before the panels reset so that a solo run can be done for full clear. I have tried to use force speed, rocket boost and a mount to get to the other one but it always rest no matter the distance that I am away from the panels. With the level of the fp for group finder there are times that I am finding myself overlevel to use group finder and even then that is a very long time to wait for a group to go.

with the 12x xp back before Shadow of Revan came out it was possible to get overlevel people to run but now its nearly impossible to get it and it is only the pub side that requires two people to get the chance at the class gear that can drop at that robot. I do like to solo it when leveling a character to get the gear and not have to worry about the ones that will 'need' on everything so the suggestion is to at least increase the reset time on the panels so that it is possible to do this alone as i do not forsee the ability to have companions to use items like the panel so tha tyou can keep a companion at one panel while you are almost to the other one to get it to work

Flashpoints will generally be rebalanced or even redesigned to be available as tactical, solo or level 65 hardmode, so that should cover your concerns and then some :) Esseles and the other "core story" flashpoints will be available in a solo version for which the player will be leveled down to something appropriate and 4-player hardmode.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/operations-and-flashpoints-fallen-empire

I don't count on a redesign although 4.0 will feature a solo mode of all fps. Unless they change the encounter for the bonus, you'll still be stuck at the two terminals. It's like the 2-man datacrons on Balmorra and Quesh that no matter how fast you are, require 2 people or the h4 on Section X which requires 4 players for a 5 seconds interation although it's easily soloable at 60 or the h4 in the Macrobinocular's quest chain which, again requires 4 people for the puzzles. With good gear it's possible to solo the Seeker h4 on Ilum, but it's the only exception. So if they change the encounter of the Esseles' bonus, they have to change the mechanics for all of the above and it's unlikely.

If nothing else, the bonus boss for this needs to be redesigned so that it can be summoned solo, bringing it in line with Black Talon.

This I agree with, though I don't think they'll change it at this point in the game. It would be nice, as that boss does drop some pretty cool looking beginning gear.

I don't think that bonus bosses would be an integral or even intended part of the solo versions at all. They've traditionally, i.e., when playing flashpoints at the character and equipment levels they were designed for, been something that required proper group play, not just additional trash that dropped neat stuff.

The solo modes are being introduced to make the entire story arc accessible to solo players, for everything else there's 4-player hardmode when you're all grown up :)

I would be surprised if the solo modes dropped anything at all (beyond Basic Comms) from the bosses. I'd guess they'll work like the solo SoR flashpoints (perhaps not a God Droid), where the only drops you get from bosses are basic comms.

Well, when I did them about a week ago, that's all they dropped, anyway.

If nothing else, the bonus boss for this needs to be redesigned so that it can be summoned solo, bringing it in line with Black Talon.

This is a must. I have always disliked this disadvantage for republic players.

But then again, the Black Talon has two different bosses, depending on your choice in one conversation.

I think it would only be fair if they bring both in line. (And yes, I am mainly looking at this from an achievement hunter's point of view.)

Actually this raises a good point, I raised a Jugg at the weekend and was about level 15-16 when I did the flashpoint I was able to easily solo it (including the bonus) with just me and treek in only level 9 blue gear.

If I were to try this on the republic side it is impossible so they either need to remove the bonus side of the Esseles of re-design it so it is truly soloable.

Well like i said that this is the only flashpoint that really needs another look, I understand the heroics later on that requires two or more to actually do them but on a flashpoint that in essence is easily soloed at level 14, with treek and decent gear. I mean easily to be that you take it slow and easy healing after fights and to pay attention to the heavy hitters in the mobs before attacking or getting to close to aggro to soon. The two terminals is all they would have to fix a couple of ways... put a single panel near the boss that replaces the two previous, the time to activate them both to be increased by thirty seconds (* this should give those without the general sprint close to getting it) or to remove the timer completely like the bonus boss in black talon where you have to destroy the four panels.

I understand as well that they are doing SOLO modes and that in general tends to skip a few things or to lower things down to were you are lucky to get anything but comms or gear that is not better than what i had gotten on Tython/ord mantell