The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

vanguard / PT

uzoozu

Hi all, im a returning player and have levele'd my main classes to 60 for PvP.

I decided to make a couple of other classes for "stress free" low level PvP xD. I chose Vanguard and am totally loving it, so much so that when i got to lvl27 i decided to make a PT ( same spec AP as my vanguard ) so i could get the feel for both.

Both are now level 28, my Vanguard seems to hit much harder while taking less damage. While my PT overheats after 10sec. I have exactly the same gear on both - same spec - and same hotkeys. Yet my Vanguard plays 100% smoother with none of the resource management issues my PT suffers from. They play like night and day.

Is this just in my head? Or are there slight differences that become less obvious the higher the level?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edited by uzoozu

Hi all, im a returning player and have levele'd my main classes to 60 for PvP.

I decided to make a couple of other classes for "stress free" low level PvP xD. I chose Vanguard and am totally loving it, so much so that when i got to lvl27 i decided to make a PT ( same spec AP as my vanguard ) so i could get the feel for both.

Both are now level 28, my Vanguard seems to hit much harder while taking less damage. While my PT overheats after 10sec. I have exactly the same gear on both - same spec - and same hotkeys. Yet my Vanguard plays 100% smoother with none of the resource management issues my PT suffers from. They play like night and day.

Is this just in my head? Or are there slight differences that become less obvious the higher the level?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

This is definetly your head as the only difference in mechanics is the animation of ammo/heat bar proceeding left or right. Their skills cost the same with only differece being: one substracts from a 100 (ammo depletion), and the other one sums up to 100 (Heat generation).

Edited by Nezyrworks

• 2 weeks later...
While I love the poweretech class, I feel that at least the advanced prototype needs at least one offensive skill to be executed from his pistol rather than his left hand. Rail shot for example could be treated as an overheated blaster shot. This is purely for design, but I think he will look more ****** shooting like that.