Can i play at another PC while downloading whole game?

ForceOfFinland

If you feel it takes forever to download the game you can place the client on a flashdrive and copy the entire game to the other computer. Then you run the launcher and it updates the files you need, saves alot of time if you have a slow connection. Edited by Icestar

You can only be logged in through the launcher on one computer at the time. If you feel it takes forever to download the game you can place the client on a flashdrive and copy the entire game to the other computer. Then you run the launcher and it updates the files you need, saves alot of time if you have a slow connection.

Can I copy/paste all of the game files between harddrives and get a similar result?

Well i decided to wait after all. :D I have 512.00 kb/s download speed and i know it will last 1 day or even more, but i afraid of manipulating with it/replacing it anywhere because i even dont know whats flashdrive"! :p:D Also, i warmly hope this thing will work, because i have windows 10 at this new laptop, and i have red that it caused big problems to some people.

Anyway, my laptop is new, high performances, and it has nothing in it except these windows 10 from today. So, i didnt upgrade older version to version 10 at my older laptop what can cause incompatibility (dunno english word :D)

It means that i wont have problems with game supporting windows 10? Or it can be f...d anyway? :D

because i even dont know whats flashdrive

USB flash drive, it is a little thingy that stores data I am sure you know what I mean when you look it up :tran_smile:

Good luck with your new computer.

It is official to install like this incase you wonder about that.

Can I copy/paste all of the game files between harddrives and get a similar result?

Copy the SWTOR folder and move it to your other computer, note that this will not have your settings saved it is a simple way to not have to download the entire game.

Edited by Icestar

AFIK you can. I was playing on the desktop this morning while patching yesterday's update on my laptop. probably the same with a full fresh download. - It'd mostly depend whether your ISP connection can handle the bandwidth.

Best way is to install from the original disks if you have them, and patch in downtime- such as overnight.

Having two installs on different computers but the same account is certainly possible- only you can't mutlibox - ie (play 2 characters on the same account at once) for that you'd need 2 completely separate accounts.

AFIK you can. I was playing on the desktop this morning while patching yesterday's update on my laptop.

Yes, you are right. It is possible while staying within the launcher. Good to know I have been patching separately for a long time.

Edited by Icestar

Yeah, IIRC it's only a problem once you log onto a character on PC2 while being logged on a character on PC1, the PC1 will be logged out then.

Yeah, it is not possible to log on to the same account on two computers I know that. I thought this was valid aswell for the launcher, something I have always assumed I guess. It is fun to learn new things :tran_smile: